Ultimate Droid, Gmail account add broke

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by 6bolt2g, Jul 31, 2010.

1. 6bolt2g

6bolt2g Member

After some work I finally got my phone rooted last night off 2.1 and got Ultimate Droid 5.01 installed. I had to do a data and cache wipe to get it to boot. But now I have no contacts or gmail accounts. Well when I try to add my gmail account back I hit the add button in the gmail app and the screen goes blank. You can hit the back button and it goes back to the main gmail screen. Not sure exactly what to do. Is there a way to recover accounts and contacts from 2.1, like doing a partial SPRecovery of only the cache or something along those lines? Also the App Market is down (which I understand that is some sort of bug?) so I cant remove and reinstall to fix?
    I donno I'm still sorta new:icon_eek:
    Thanks
  2. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

the market is tied to oyour gmail account. so no Gmail no market. I would reinstall the ROM and see if that fixes it. If not then maybe on to a new rom you go
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I'd do a full restore from SPRecovery on the back up I'm sure you had made, then before attempting it again I'd wipe both the data and cache files. Then try to install the ROM. I think it's only fair to put you at notice that I am seeing several people having some issues with this ROM.
  4. 6bolt2g

6bolt2g Member

Thanks for the help. I will try that. Do you recommend any other rom that might be a bit more, well stable?

Thanks
  5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I can't recommend any because I don't use custom ROMs and I'm sure if someone who sees this thread that does have UD 5.0.1 in it they will argue that it is stable.

I run Froyo without a Custom Rom. That works fine for me.
Search tags for this page
add gmail account to rooted phone

help hacking a gmail account on a android

how to remove account from ultimate droid