Ultimate Droid Froyo eXtreme (RC2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Reaction score
I didn't mean to start any stuff. I don't know anything of his prior involvement with this site.

I just wanted to check out his rom, that's all. :)

I don't think you are starting anything. I'm pretty sure ur in the dark like a lot of us. I thought BD had appologized and everything was cool including sending DF's property. I'm not really sure what has transpired over the past week and not trying to start anything either. I think all the stuff just recently happened because about a week ago even some mods were still posting the links or supporting it. I'm sure DF has their reasons but if you want to try it I urge you to do so but just keep a back up of your current rom just incase you don't like RC2 or you get issues you weren't on your currrent ROM. Good luck to you. I'm running RC1 with no issues.

See post #9 in this thread.

huskur

Reaction score
If you install his rom make sure that you don't put a theme on it. It was messing mine up. I think the best thing about his new rom is the UD control center. It runs all of the scripts with the click of a your screen. I have been following the UD drama from the beginning. I won't pretend that some shady stuff went on, but when it is all said and done I like his roms the best. I would put Pete's roms right next to his, it's just that there are little things that are different. The difference is what I would have chosen if I built my own. My suggestion is buy rom manager, backup your current rom and try another. It takes all of 10 mins and if you have time to come on these boards and ask about them spend some time trying them out.

I have used nextheme, smoked theme, and now the redline theme from this forum and have had zero issues. Just my input for you

Mojo

Reaction score
ROFL! we can't post a direct-link, but we can post a link to the direct-link??? hahahah!! auh man... <sniffle> silly humans...

Please do not do that either. Lets not press the issue. DroidForums has its reasons for its position on this subject. I would hate to see all threads and discussions closed too. (Not saying that is or will happen) but in the same since I would not push it.

if i was reading his post right, I think he was just kidding since you guys said no direct link posts.

Awe okay.. thanks

chnkyeydflip

Reaction score
Please do not do that either. Lets not press the issue. DroidForums has its reasons for its position on this subject. I would hate to see all threads and discussions closed too. (Not saying that is or will happen) but in the same since I would not push it.

if i was reading his post right, I think he was just kidding since you guys said no direct link posts.

Awe okay.. thanks

I read post 9... I'm referring to his apology letter that I thought said he returned things etc... I think that was like a month or so ago. Then there was a period of time where i would randomly see posts about black droid's roms but it was not supported directly. Now recent recenlty, the links were taken down completely. I'm just commenting on how the whole drama itself is confusing and if you are just tuning in now not know anything, you'd be confused too haha I mean seriously its turned out to be like a T.V. Soap!!! you guys could totally make a mini series out of it!!! All joking aside this is your site, you do what you want with it, I'm here to learn and randomly comment when I feel I need help or I can help. I've received nothing but great support from this community and am glad to be able to run my phone to the max compared to my co-workers who have no idea how to even make custom ring tones for alerts! lol

huskur

Reaction score

Awe okay.. thanks

I read post 9... I'm referring to his apology letter that I thought said he returned things etc... I think that was like a month or so ago. Then there was a period of time where i would randomly see posts about black droid's roms but it was not supported directly. Now recent recenlty, the links were taken down completely. I'm just commenting on how the whole drama itself is confusing and if you are just tuning in now not know anything, you'd be confused too haha I mean seriously its turned out to be like a T.V. Soap!!! you guys could totally make a mini series out of it!!! All joking aside this is your site, you do what you want with it, I'm here to learn and randomly comment when I feel I need help or I can help. I've received nothing but great support from this community and am glad to be able to run my phone to the max compared to my co-workers who have no idea how to even make custom ring tones for alerts! lol

I share your thoughts on your post. (Drama is continuing in the background that you/I/we don't see, it's like an ego thing going on)

jesse s

Reaction score
Rookie at forum still but i have to say that all the devs could show moto how to really get the rom polished Blackdriod or BB there's a lot of amazing Minds andriod has become my new love due to its open market and Apple being so ironclad to rom devs only allows variety in its plastic phone case'sdancedroid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Awe okay.. thanks

If the focus is going to stay on this instead of a discussion of BD's ROM then you're going to leave us no choice but to close the thread. It's not a soap opera, it's not entertaining, it's a decision that was made. Now please can we just continue the discussion on pros and cons of BD's ROM?

killxp

Reaction score
Im using the nextheme and my gps keeps running every 10 mins, and if i shut down the phone my beautiful widgets or any widgets will not work unless i reinstall them. other than those issues its good

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im using the nextheme and my gps keeps running every 10 mins, and if i shut down the phone my beautiful widgets or any widgets will not work unless i reinstall them. other than those issues its good

the widgets are not installed on sd card are they???

chnkyeydflip

Reaction score
Awe okay.. thanks

If the focus is going to stay on this instead of a discussion of BD's ROM then you're going to leave us no choice but to close the thread. It's not a soap opera, it's not entertaining, it's a decision that was made. Now please can we just continue the discussion on pros and cons of BD's ROM?

My bad HookBill was just trying to respond to Mojo, lighten the mood, and say how helpful Droid Forums has been... Back on Topic I've had no problems installing themes for RC1 but kept wifi on as told to do so. For those having issues with the Nextheme I've seen several people have problems with that theme. You might want to try another theme and see if its theme related or maybe the ROM itself. I'm running RC1 with the Luna theme with no issues except the battery percent isn't shown anymore like on the stock RC1... Hope that helps

WhosToBlame

Reaction score
To OP, I have ran BD ROM's in the past and they have ran great. No real issues with the ROM. I am running jrummy's Froyo ROM and it is working great. You should check that out.

kellex

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still hasn't returned the Nexus One after all these months. Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.