Ultimate Droid Froyo eXtreme 8.0.0 - Droid

segdoh49

Reaction score
Going to install UD8 but should I wish to revert back to where I am now is the proceedure to just do a full nandroid backup... and then do a restore if needed ??? Oh yea with SPRecovery only...

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, do a nandroid backup first, if you don't like it you can always restore :)

segdoh49

Reaction score
Yes, do a nandroid backup first, if you don't like it you can always restore :)

So I understand there are two ways to do the backup
Simple backup and full, so I'm thinkin a full backup should be performed, correct ?
Checking everything in the boxes....

Pastor Ron

Reaction score
@xkape: From what you wrote (thanks, BTW), it appears I've got to be booted into M$ Windows in order to use SPRecovery - is that right?

Secondly, everything seems to be working tons better now. After booting back into SPrecovery, I did the wipe thing a few more times then just rebooted. Don't know why, but after booting into UD 8.0 this time, LauncherPro fired right up and even Weather Bug showed up. I didn't restore LP from Titanium Backup, so it was back to trying to remember how I had the desktops laid out.

I populated the LP desktops, rebooted, copied files to/from the Droid and it seems to be working.

After looking high and low, I am missing one widget - the Facebook Phone. Does anyone use it?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
A full back-up checking all boxes will cover everything

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I only wish UD8 would resume pandora after GPS interupts. Stock phone did.

When GPS interupts my Pandora...Pandora goes bye bye, and have to re-open it. With the Music player however, this does not happen....GPS interupts...voice navigation, music resumes.

I would LOVE to see this on the UD ROM

segdoh49

Reaction score

When GPS interupts my Pandora...Pandora goes bye bye, and have to re-open it. With the Music player however, this does not happen....GPS interupts...voice navigation, music resumes.

It operated the same way before I went to UD8, so I dont think it's a problem with UD8. But it would be nice if it would resume...

trmiv

Reaction score

Not just a problem with UD. A lot of people are getting this with Froyo.

Issue 9569 - android - Google Maps navigation voice prompts stops Pandora music playing - Project Hosting on Google Code

frzdaframe

Reaction score
who's a noob and has two thumbs? this guy. yep, ok so i just rooted my droid not to long ago. And have succesfully installed other roms. For some reason i cant seem to get this one successfully installed at all. is there something that i might not know as how to install this. Im familiar with the nandroid install and the update.zip. But neither seem to work with this. Can someone give a me a run down on how to do it. Just so i know i have my steps correct and that im doing the right thing. Thanks alot.

mward100

Reaction score
who's a noob and has two thumbs? this guy. yep, ok so i just rooted my droid not to long ago. And have succesfully installed other roms. For some reason i cant seem to get this one successfully installed at all. is there something that i might not know as how to install this. Im familiar with the nandroid install and the update.zip. But neither seem to work with this. Can someone give a me a run down on how to do it. Just so i know i have my steps correct and that im doing the right thing. Thanks alot.

Do you boot into ClockWorkMod, wipe data and cache three times each, install UD8, when it boots log into your Google account, let UD8 redownload your apps. When you get that running Mbk was nice enough to port over a patch for the slow audio for some flash sites made by Billy Galbreath, you can get it at post 68 at the following link.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ultimatedroid/77258-flash-player-not-getting-along-ud-8-0-a-7.html

Just put that file on the root of your sdcard and boot into clockwork recovery and install. Then you might want to install an overclocked kernel, I use Chevy01 kernels but some people have better luck with other kernels. To manage over clocking you may want to download SetCPU from the market if you don't already have it. Hope this helps.

hookerdj

Reaction score
are you using sp recover y or clockwork???lemme know and we can go from there

UOTE=frzdaframe;837403]who's a noob and has two thumbs? this guy. yep, ok so i just rooted my droid not to long ago. And have succesfully installed other roms. For some reason i cant seem to get this one successfully installed at all. is there something that i might not know as how to install this. Im familiar with the nandroid install and the update.zip. But neither seem to work with this. Can someone give a me a run down on how to do it. Just so i know i have my steps correct and that im doing the right thing. Thanks alot.[/QUOTE]

frzdaframe

Reaction score

Do you boot into ClockWorkMod, wipe data and cache three times each, install UD8, when it boots log into your Google account, let UD8 redownload your apps. When you get that running Mbk was nice enough to port over a patch for the slow audio for some flash sites made by Billy Galbreath, you can get it at post 68 at the following link.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ultimatedroid/77258-flash-player-not-getting-along-ud-8-0-a-7.html

Just put that file on the root of your sdcard and boot into clockwork recovery and install. Then you might want to install an overclocked kernel, I use Chevy01 kernels but some people have better luck with other kernels. To manage over clocking you may want to download SetCPU from the market if you don't already have it. Hope this helps.

I cant even get UD8 to install in any situation. Thats why im asking the how-to. Use clockwork mod? nandroid? update.zip? i mean the files in the UD8 file that i dled from page 1 dont look like the normal nandroid files. lol, and its been driving me crazy for 3 days. I know i have the procedure down as far as flash and recovery. hah, but even so i must be doing something wrong. Once i unzip the UD8 file where do i put it on my sdcard? Thanks for the quick reply!

frzdaframe

Reaction score
i have ROM manager installed, but i have read a ton of post praising SPrecovery, so i just flashed back to that using ROM.