Ultimate Droid Froyo eXtreme 2.5.0 vs. Bugless Beast V0.4 Android 2.2 FRF84B

Briankbl

Reaction score
***Please vote purely in regards to the ROMs. No drama needs to spill into this thread.***

I am currently running BB v0.4 and loving it. The way it sounds is that BB and UD are the two most popular Froyo ROMs out right now. I haven't tried UD yet and was wondering what everyone's opinions on these two ROMs are and which they choose to run.

xtremecanefan

Reaction score
Never had much luck with UD. Currently running BB .4 and it's going smooth.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

darksavior

Reaction score
UD here. I love the extra tweaks and ability to uninstall some of the preinstalled apps. It's also updated very frequently, addressing bugs/fixes. Past BB had random reboots. I did try 0.4 and it made ADW disappear later in the day. So I needed to restart my phone. Might of been a bug with ADW, who knows..

hookerdj

Reaction score
ultimatedroid extreme for me for sure has way more options more speed and more themes and you can get the most help on irc for it also

mentaloaf

Reaction score
+1 for BB0.4....love it, crazy high quadrant scores, I use launcherpro with it and I have nextang theme and it's flawless

Reaction score
Bugless Beast for sure. the last time i put UD on my phone it got so hot i thought it was gonna melt in my hand

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've ran Kangerade (v1.0, 1.1, 4.0.7), UD, BB, and am now trying Cyanogen 6 Alpha 3. Of all of these, Kangerade 1.1 has been my favorite. The only reason I changed was to see if I could find one more stable and they seem to be about the same...to me anyways. I'd try a few different ones before I settled. Good luck!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It would be better if the people voting in the poll actually used the latest versions of each to get a better feel of which one is best. If someone says they won't use a ROM because of past experience taints the results. This poll is too biased.

erikfig

Reaction score
Bugless here, no issues at all. Blazinf fast and super smooth. My wife DROID is also BB....

huskur

Reaction score
It would be better if the people voting in the poll actually used the latest versions of each to get a better feel of which one is best. If someone says they won't use a ROM because of past experience taints the results. This poll is too biased.

It's not a fair poll anyway. Sure everyone knows why. Anyway, I have used both. Not for a day or two but for BB for a week and still went back to UD. UD has way more tweaks and has "extremely" friendly user customization. I score high 1600 and low 1700 quadrant scores (using chevys newest 1.25 kernel) and high 19's MFLOPS. With BB i was getting low 1600's at best and 17's MFLOPS. (same kernel)

They are both FANTASTIC roms to say the least. BTW i hear BlackDroid will have a new rom out very very soon!!! (updated from 2.5.0)