Ultimate Droid for DX is out! Still in alpha

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
The aphla build is sweet. Extremely fast and filled with options other roms don't have. Like change lock screen(rotatory), text fonts, and more. Fun to try out, but there are a couple bugs that blackdroid lists. This will be my favorite rom when it is finished.
I did not take any pics, but original theme is cool.

SInce you've already loaded it, Can you share w/us which one of the 3 bugs mentioned on UD's site that you're experiencing? 2 of the 3 bugs"Supposedly" are fixed but if it's the "USb" bug that is not fixed, how do we "SBF" if need be?
Well if there is a USB bug, and you want to go back to rubix, just boot into clockwork and reflash rubix. If you brick or something, the usb should still connect when in sbf mode. I believe it is just a problem with the kernel, not the actual device.

Glad I won't need to do this as of now, All I can say is OMG, this BD kat is a FRICKIN Genious..This thing looks and feels amazing.. I hope the Sky Blu theme made for D1 will eventually be ported over to this or even Inspired or something..Best Money I've spent so far to get a rom plus a good donation as well..BD , you're Sik..good Looks for a bad azz Rom:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

xxarthur33xx

Reaction score
So you flashed it? Is it worth doing a nandroid backup and trying out UD for a few days?

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
So you flashed it? Is it worth doing a nandroid backup and trying out UD for a few days?

Yes XX, I flashed it but It's got that USB bug as stated, Also when it comes out of sleep mode, The Ultimate Droid emblem shows on screen like it does when it reboots then your lock screen activates, I just noticed as am writing this, it keeps on going to sleep but then wakes up by itself w/ no notification causing it to. Also charging can only be done by wall charger right now.I think once BD fixes the sleep/wake up bug and USB issue, This rom will be one not to be reckoned with..Will def be back. Going to Restore Rubix 1.89 now then Crashing for the night..Pick this up in the morn..

Last edited:

bcals0087

Reaction score
so im guessing the version coming out is for 2.3.15? if so that kinda sucks, I can't even flash any of my backups, basically had to start fresh.....i hope one for the leak comes out soon...

xxarthur33xx

Reaction score
so im guessing the version coming out is for 2.3.15? if so that kinda sucks, I can't even flash any of my backups, basically had to start fresh.....i hope one for the leak comes out soon...
As of now, BD is doing nightly builds, so they will all be for 2.3.20 I'm guessing.

bcals0087

Reaction score
As of now, BD is doing nightly builds, so they will all be for 2.3.20 I'm guessing.

well thats good news, word on the street is once UD is released and stable, fission will be a mere memory....im just sayin...and i'm a fan of fission, I just heard that through the grapevine

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
This is gonna be a real nice Rom once established. Funny situation yesterday after loading this. I kept on getting the constant reboot and the known USB issue. I reloaded a Rubix backup and i think because I forgot to Wipe data and cache, the mobile network feature would not activate. When I tried to Enable the mobile network settings, it would FC. I cleared Google frame work and the settings data, still nothing. Therefore, I could not make a call nor send any sort of data. Then I wiped everything I could think of, and had to reload Rubix from scratch and setup Device all over again..I know this is beta so am not too worried about it for now. Once BD has more time, he'll knock that Rom out the park like he did w/D1's UD2.1...

beavis29290

Reaction score
I got to say I can really see what the hype is all about. I can't wait for UD to become final on my x. Hopefully the market bug and the reboot bug get fixed soon. This will by far be the best rom out there once its released

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

deantemple

Reaction score
Android open source project.... AOSP.

OP
T

theidoctor

Reaction score
Did he include notification bar controls?

some... your able to adjust the clock, add percentage to the battery and something else i think.... i had to get back to rubix until they fix the rebooting.

detox

Reaction score
K
Did he include notification bar controls?

some... your able to adjust the clock, add percentage to the battery and something else i think.... i had to get back to rubix until they fix the rebooting.

Reboots weren't the only issue I had. Some of my paid apps were missing such as rom manager premium and there was no droid x/2 overclocker in the market and titanium wouldnt restore them. I tried to use the dx/d2 overclock and it said my device wasn't a droid x or 2. What's up with that. But overall, she is a thing of beauty. Id like to see the finished product with the apps I have being able to be used without having to pay again. Also themed apps from ud settings weren't loading which im sure will be fixed with the final release. Can't wait to see this in action. For now I'll stick with rubiX. Drod already has more updates brewing! :)

ipawd1

Reaction score
I dont see why people hate BLUR so much. I find it to be functional and nice on the eyes. Maybe he'l release a blur version of UD

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont see why people hate BLUR so much. I find it to be functional and nice on the eyes. Maybe he'l release a blur version of UD

I SERIOUSLY doubt it. With it being AOSP and not based on any blur build, it would be tough to incorporate the blur into the rom.