ultimate droid for droid 2

MrKleen

Reaction score
He must be sidetracked at the moment, but I think he will eventually get around to getting some of the bugs fixed and put out a solid rom. To be honest I'm surprised that a rom got released for the D2!

Reading what people are saying the rom seems very promising!

tstarks1

Reaction score
Running the new UD for D2. Smiles all around. Still somethings that need to be fix but it's on the way!

whezzel

Reaction score
The new ud gingerbread was realease for 7 of the phones. And blackdroid says a big update coming for d2/x. Hope its gingerbread

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Gb would be cool but he hasn't even got a froyo build to work on D2/DX. I'm sure the update is more function on the current build
The new ud gingerbread was realease for 7 of the phones. And blackdroid says a big update coming for d2/x. Hope its gingerbread

whezzel

Reaction score
Gb would be cool but he hasn't even got a froyo build to work on D2/DX. I'm sure the update is more function on the current build

I doubt he would update all the other phones and not the d2/x

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I hope your right :)

I doubt he would update all the other phones and not the d2/x

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hmmm. Just checked out the sight and every phone is updated to 3.0 beta except 2/X. I hope that doesn't mean anything.

palindrome

Reaction score
They'll get r done, and it will b ultimate!! I frikin luv it so far, though I just play with a backup of it here and ther until its finished.

inssane

Reaction score
What many people don't realize is that (as far as I still know) blackdroid doesn't have a physical D2 to work with. This is why updates are very slow. The issues that are present are common with working of a DX ROM/port, they just haven't been corrected yet.

I hope it's ginger as well.

palindrome

Reaction score
Ya kno, I keep bouncing from backup to backup, making mental notes of advantages/disadvantages and such. When I run ultimate droid backup, outboard locations load up faster. Its not my location that influences it either, i hav established that. Google is faster with it. Other things like onboard apps are equal in speed to gummyjar.
Now, in terms of out of box customization, there is no challenger that I've found.
Battery life is great.
So what's left... the shortcomings are few and their time is short, soon it will b complete, so for now screw gps, I don't camp in the winter and nav is in the truk...screw camcorder for now, it won't b long and I rarely use that anyway...asfor the boot issue,not an issue anymore.... and the keyboard works enough to get my point across as u see now, if I need numbers ande symbols... WOW, I just slide my phone closed and ...123456789...see, nothing to it.
The rom is dope enough to forgive a couple things for a while.

inssane

Reaction score
Ya kno, I keep bouncing from backup to backup, making mental notes of advantages/disadvantages and such. When I run ultimate droid backup, outboard locations load up faster. Its not my location that influences it either, i hav established that. Google is faster with it. Other things like onboard apps are equal in speed to gummyjar.
Now, in terms of out of box customization, there is no challenger that I've found.
Battery life is great.
So what's left... the shortcomings are few and their time is short, soon it will b complete, so for now screw gps, I don't camp in the winter and nav is in the truk...screw camcorder for now, it won't b long and I rarely use that anyway...asfor the boot issue,not an issue anymore.... and the keyboard works enough to get my point across as u see now, if I need numbers ande symbols... WOW, I just slide my phone closed and ...123456789...see, nothing to it.
The rom is dope enough to forgive a couple things for a while.

Last I tried it, I had FCs, the crippled hard keyboard is wack, and non working GPS isn't a problem for some, but it is for others. It took over a month for the USB to get fixed on an RC. An RC - it's far from it.

As I last know, blackD doesn't have a D2. I know he was using testers, but really these are common bugs that other devs have also worked on and succeeded in a shorter amount of time. These bugs are especially present in DX ports, but like I said, have been fixed quickly.
I heard that the next update may be really big, as in great big. I won't start rumors, but if this is the case it will be worth the wait.

Oh yea, did I mention that the UD ROM tanked my D2...twice I had to SBF.
My .02

breeett

Reaction score
Had to SBF and had a near-brick scare after trying out UD. Not saying it was the ROM, but I don't want to try this again until he gets a fairly stable release out. If he releases the 3.0.0 Beta for D2, and it's GB, I will cream my pants though.

palindrome

Reaction score
Wow that sucks. I hav read about people having all these wild issues and having to sbf, I suppose I picked a lucky phone... almost returned it too for a slight slider wobble when u open it. As far as roms hav gone, the only problem I hav encountered is if I shut my phone off while its plugged in to charger, it opens recovery. I think I actually caused this when I made my very first backup as it has existed through use of all roms. All of which ran as described without any surprises. All I do is download direct to phone over the air, then move the file, not copy, move the file to root, no folder. From there I make sure I read everything from the original release post of the rom up to date.. this way if something is left out of install instructions I will find it before experiencing it. Worked everytime so far. Good luck everybody