Ultimate Droid 9.8.0 (Ringer Issues)

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by rolandk21484, Apr 10, 2010.

1. rolandk21484

rolandk21484 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am coming from the UD 9.0.0 and had no problems. When updating to the 9.8.0, I notice that my phone no longer rings half the time. I have done just about everything in the book, Done a reinstall, data wipe and clean install, nadroid install, ect..... Same issue. Now when I go back to the 9.0.0, I have no issues at all. Is anyone else having these issues??????

2. dro

dro Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. jbg25

jbg25 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    When it does ring does it ring more than once? If so that link wont help...but I have an idea.

Are there patterns? for instance....does it ring fine when your have the phone on...but not when it is in standby? If so ... could be your SetCPU settings. In standby...what are your profile settings for sleep/standby? if they are too low... you will have problems getting calls.

I had it at 125 for a while and had all types of issues with incoming calls when in standby. I moved that one profile to min of 250...and that solved everything.

4. GoGators

GoGators Member

Ratings:
    +0
  5. jbg25

jbg25 Member

Ratings:
    +1
  6. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Yea I had this same problem yesterday. The info in that thread helped. Thanks.

7. Grimlyte

Grimlyte New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    mine randomly stopped ringing entirely, i noticed when my wife called me... i had her call my phone a few times, reset it, still nothing. after i uninstalled that 'audio manager', it started ringing again.. worked for me, might be worth a shot if you have it installed. i had the one installed from BDs extra's, not the one from the store, i removed it from the applications settings in setup.

but as i said, since i removed it this morning, i have be getting 'rings' on all my calls.

8. rolandk21484

rolandk21484 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ringer Issue

Yes, I have came to a conclusion. The only way to fixes this problem, is to do a factory reset twice, then install UD V9.8.0. If you are coming from UD V9.0.0 this is where the problem occurs. I am not sure why this is. My Fiancee was coming from Bugless Beast v9.0, saw mine and want to change Roms. When I did hers, She didn't have this problem. But Anyways, So once installed, sign in to Google before doing anything else. After signed in to Google, You can start to change the themes and anything else. This is the only way I could resolve this problem. Unless anyone else has found a easier way, other than removing all your apps and doing a factory reset.

Oh, also is you try to install any themes before signing into google first, you will be stuck at the (finger tough droid screen) To get to the menu screen, just touch all four conners of the screen with out touch any grey. Stay in side the black box. Also, when I mean do two factory resets, I mean do one from the setting on the phone under Privacy and the second one at the recovery screen. Clear both data and cache.

Hope this was helpful.

9. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    I came from BB 0.9 and still had this problem. Every ROM I installed was thru Rom Manager. This was my first install of a UD ROM, also thru RM. Maybe CW vs. SPRecovery is the problem. Maybe one has issues with back ups or something. When installing ROMS thru RM I think they only use CW. Cant remember right now, dont have my phone.