Ultimate Droid 8.0 Bootloop Problems

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by Jokerz, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Jokerz

Jokerz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so I installed ultimate droid V8.0 so i could start using the 2.1 firmware and I've heard a lot of good things about UD. I think it is a really good rom with a lot of cool features. After I installed UD I used my phone for a few hours before I used astro to install all of my apps that I had backed up. My phone was working great before installed all of my old apps and now my phone has a few problems. When i turn my phone off it turns itself right back on and it goes through a 4 loop bootloop before staying on. so i was just wondering if its possible that some apps just dont work well with certain roms. I did a nandroid restore instead of the update.zip if that makes a difference. I was using Droidmod 1.0 with all of the same apps before and everything seemed to be fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. ArykMeyer

ArykMeyer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i had a very similar problem, i posted this

and got no answers.

3. droidnut803

droidnut803 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I also have had this problem but sometimes I shut it off and it comes back on through a series of bootloops and sometimes it works just fine. I also have the problem of immediately after dismounting from my PC it reboots but only one good quick boot and it's done but it does this everytime I dismount. I installed v8 through clockwork and I'm running chevy's 5-slot 1.2 Ghz overclocking.

4. Jokerz

Jokerz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well ive had UD V8 running all day to day so far and i didnt install any extra apps that i had backed up using ASTRO and the phone is running flawlessly so i think it might have been one of the apps i had on my phone didnt play nice with UD V8. I know this sounds stupid and its gonna take a while but i think i'm just gonna install a couple of my apps a day to see which one doesnt work with UD.

5. droidnut803

droidnut803 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank You for that post! I'm gonna restore and reboot the first flash of UD and try using a couple apps a day and see what happens. I actually thought about doing that before but just needed a little reassurance.

6. droidnut803

droidnut803 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Could you tell me what apps you're running right now? I would appreciate it. Thank You

7. gottx

gottx New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Probably a ringtone apps...had tge problem using mabilo rington. And try do desactivate the Sdcard notification sound

8. droidnut803

droidnut803 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey "Jokerz" would it be asking too much for you to give me a list of all your apps that are allowing your UD v8 to run flawlessly? I would so appreciate it!

9. srtfool32

srtfool32 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    if when you unmount your sdcard and get a reboot, go into the settings menu then to sound s and display and turn off sdcard notification. that has fixed the issue for most people.

10. droidnut803

droidnut803 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks I will try that!

11. droidnut803

droidnut803 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I don't if it was OK to do or not but I unchecked the USB Debugging choice and it fixed the unmounting problem. I had already unchecked the sdcard notification but that didn't work so then I unchecked the USB debugging and it works like normal now. Could you tell me if I should do that or not?

12. Jokerz

Jokerz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry i took me so long to respond. I'm running andexplorer, battery left, beautiful widgets, bible, documents to go, drocap2, fxcamera, handcentsms, home switcher, metamorph, pandora, rom manager, setcpu, tempmontior, and the rest of my apps came with the rom. The phone is running great right now. I have a feeling it was swype. What apps are you running right now? and again im very sorry for taking so long to respond. yesterday was kind of hectic