Ultimate battery life combo.

ObieNobie

Reaction score
Alright so I always see that this phone can have decent battery life with roms. I've been trying lots of the major ones and the most I can get to is 8 hours with half a hour of screen time which is no better than stock. What rom/kernel mix can I run that gives me a better battery life. I'm on aokp and honestly I think stock is more efficient than this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Str8Aro

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
This can be crap shoot due to hardware differences from what I have read and the signal strength in your area. For me, I have been getting great battery life from the Droid Concepts rom and kernel. I have gotten over 24 hours with low usage (G+, Twitter, GMail checking - few to no phone calls). One thing that I found to be a battery sucker is Google Now. Running it, I had to be ready to charge after 12 hours or less, depending upon my phone call usage. I use my phone for work. GSam battery monitor helped me see what was using my battery up. Maps and it's services were the majority of the drain and is used by Google Now. When I did not run Google Now, Maps is hardly active. I guess it depends what amount of battery consumption you can deal with.

Davros has just released a new Droid Concepts rom version, today on Goo.im . You might give it a try and try out the different governor and I/O settings to see what gives you the battery life you want.

jfriend33

Reaction score
Google now has never been an issue for me with regards to battery consumption.

I would suggest using cpu spy to make sure your device is entering deep sleep. And also better battery stats to see if any apps are causing excessive wake locks.

I'm using mRom with trinity kernel and have my display brightness set to auto. I'm able to get roughly 2 to 3 hours of screen on time and about 12 hours between charges on the stock extended battery.

I would suggest adjusting the display on trinity tool box or in your roms settings so it's not as bright by default and then from the regular os settings leave that set to auto. It's only in extreme sunlight where it's caused a problem where I had to go back to default.

Screen filter may be an option to consider and leave that on at 80 percent all the time.

I also use set cpu to slightly slow down the cpu and switch governors as my battery gets lower. It seems like no matter what configuration my phone gets to 75% quickly but goes much slowly after that.

I've tried not installing Google maps and did not notice a significant enough difference to omit that luxury most of us have grown accustomed to.