UK 2.0.1 Update server appears to be working...

nyogtha

Reaction score
Used the Motorola software update tool to update my phone (which apparently is the Italian version). Upgraded to 2.01 and now 3g has stopped working and I can't open my network provider list :(

Edit: Actually, I can get a network provider list if I enable WiFi on the phone... Very strange. As soon as I switch off WiFi i get "Error while searching for networks" message on screen. If I try to select one of the other providers (which I could do before the update) I get an error stating that my SIM-card doesn't allow me to connect to this carrier.

Last edited:

Kam5lc

Reaction score
Haven't updated yet but I think its been documented that 3g doesn't work on 2.01? That's a pretty huge problem and I'm not sure if there's a fix apart from 'wait till 2.1'. Still hope you enjoy the autofocus,

nyogtha

Reaction score
Wow, that's pretty incredible... And of course not in a good way. Do you happen to have a link to that info? I haven't seen it (wouldn't have updated if I had). Is it possible to downgrade?

nyogtha

Reaction score
I ended up doing a full factory reset, and everything seems to be working again. Both roaming and 3g/3.5g OK.