UI Changes Coming To Touchwiz in Marshmallow For The Galaxy S6

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Last week Samsung rolled out a soft beta launch of Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Galaxy S6 users in the UK. We can rest assured that the new update will be coming soon to our handsets. If you are interested in what Android 6.0 Touchwiz will be bringing to your Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge in the soon to come future you can check out a series of photos posted over at Sammobile. They have been running the update on their device for a few days.

A few noteworthy changes to touchwiz with the Android 6.0 update include some new UI features. The status bar and quick toggle menus are now fully white. This is reminiscent of MIUI on Xiaomi phones in my opinion. I am not too sure I like it. The power menu adds huge cartoony buttons for those with cataracts. Some of the stock icons have been updated and changed as well.

Standard Marshmallow features like Google Now on Tap, and advanced file permissions are included in the update. The camera's pro mode has a shutter speed option. Sammobile has a full set of photos of the new update at the link below. Hopefully Samsung releases this to the masses sooner than later!

via Sammobile