Uhhh...Thanks?

thelion

Reaction score
As a rule, my phone is always on. I hate the idea of being out of touch so I have turned off my Droid maybe...twice.

I am doing a reset right now so I turned it off by pressing the power key. I selected "Power Off" and then got a notice "your phone will shut down."

Uh....Thanks? Did you think I was unaware of that after pressing the power key and then pressing "power off?"

I know it is there for those that are less than intelligent but wow....just wow.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
I guess it's following the windoze model:

• Start menu
  • Power off
  • Windoze is shutting down

Agreed that it seems redundant redundant.

brendanstl

Reaction score
Quite funny. I think the same thing every time I turn it off.

brendanstl

Reaction score
Just like going to Mc Donalds drive through, ordering your ****, waiting for the cashier to give you your total and instead they ask you if you want anything else or try to sell you an apple pie.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This was a similar problem with threaded SMS on OS 5.0 on my Storm. There was an area on each SMS thread with the contacts phone number... when you would click on it... it would ask what number you wanted to call.... and then again if you were sure you wanted to call... redundancy.

I know it's not an Android issue but this thread reminded me of it!

Erich_F

Reaction score
Yet, I'm sure there are some that still don't get enough warning that they are turning off their phones...

OP
thelion

thelion

Reaction score
Too true which is why when I called tech support because the Droid was freezing and had a black screen I was asked if I was "sure" the phone was on.....
:mad: