1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

uhh.. help? is this normal?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by lace, Mar 22, 2010.

1. lace

lace New Member

Hi there! I'm a new member but I have been reading this site for a few weeks now =].

Basically heres my concern - I bought a Droid on ebay, and looking through the sd card files I saw that it had the superuser.apk file in the system->app folder, but I dont have the ninja and when I open the terminal emulator app on my phone and type su it denies it.

so is it normal to have that file? or will merely having that on there give verizon a reason to deny any insurance claims? if the previous owner had rooted it, can I get instructions on how to make it back to stock, please?

thank you guys in advanced!
  2. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator

Not sure if it was there to begin with or not. It been so long. But I don't think anyone at the store will go digging if you take it in. You're not rooted because you were denied so unless you want to mod your phone I don't think you have anything to worry about.
  3. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad

I'm stock and I just checked - I don't have the superuser.apk in the system > apps folder. So maybe your Droid was rooted before, lace? Not sure. Anyway, welcome to the forum!