Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Get into the settings. Go to privacy. Hit factory data reset. You'll lose EVERYTHING on the phone and the SD card.

If I'm mistaken, someone correct me, but that's what's I've always thought was being referred to.

OP
U

UnknowNinjah

Reaction score
yeah =( same thing.... no more twitchy-ness so far... but they onscreen keyboard is gone.... the letters y,u,i,h,j,b,n & the home key buttons are just no go... after the hard reset as well...

Well thanks for all the info... ill keep you guys posted on what happens.. thanks for all the assistance.

Cassdroid

Reaction score
just deleted streamline music - was doing a sensor test before and it just said waiting now it shows 6 -- and no more jumpin around-- it started after i used my head set via the head set jack and the music turned it self on

Cassdroid

Reaction score
started bein buggy again
system/usr/keychars/qtouch-touchscreen.kcm.bin'

goin huntin
W/KeyCharacterMap( 9044): Can't open keycharmap file
W/KeyCharacterMap( 9044): Error loading keycharmap file '/system/usr/keychars/qtouch-touchscreen.kcm.bin'. hw.keyboards.65538.devname='qtouch-touchscreen'
W/KeyCharacterMap( 9044): Using default keymap: /system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin

SRGENT ROOT

Reaction score
Ok so just finished the install.... everything seems ok so far going through the setup the only thing i notice right now is the little HOME button at the bottom is not working.... and about half inch above it either....
Havnt looked around much but is there anyway to calibrate the touchscreen or see whats going on with that little section?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sorry to bump but the exact same thing is happening to my Droid running froyo 2.2, i tried restoring it a its still bad. should i swallow my pride and factory reset?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Bad digitizer. Warranty replacement or self-fix.

This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain.

joshoid

Reaction score
3 weeks ago I was snowboarding with my D1 in my front coat pocket. After about 3 hours of boarding I pulled the ole phone out of my pocket to see what I was missing out on. I noticed that the phone had accumulated a lot of moisture and the battery was about to die. So I put the phone in another pocket and continued boarding. It wasn't till the next day I was able to charge and operate the phone but I was having the same problems with the phone twitching like crazy. The delay was there and all touch points were misaligned. I had no signs of water damage or any other damage. pulled battery several times and still continued to have the twitching. What finally worked was airing the phone out. On the drive home I took all protective covers off and removed the battery. The phone was left in a place that allowed heat to blow across the components.
After 3 hours of driving I reassembled the phone and powered up. No more twitching!

Short story made long.... Sorry.

azpilot

Reaction score
It is the hardware, both me and my brother had the same issue with ours. You have no choice but to take it in and get another one. There is nothing your going to do to fix the issue, been down this road already.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
so should i take it back to stock then take it in?

That's the usual method.

You can also bury it in a bag of rice.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Rice is an emergency measure. If it's not wet it won't help, and rice dust is VERY BAD for electronics. Use desiccant instead. You can buy it from some hardware stores and order it online (good idea to have some on-hand if possible). You can also use the packs that ship with electronics and things.