uh oh

imgrtful

Reaction score
ok so i had liberty 2.0 and went to lgb from the toolbox.i lost recovery and decided to deal with it even thogh i really wanted to go back.well i found this morning that i had to uncheck debug.so i did and booted into recovery and tried to do a recovery.it went through the process and finished.i tried to reboot phone and it got stuck on a black screen.so after a few min i did a batt pull and rebooted.i changed the bootlogo to the gingerbread man through the toolbox,and thats where im stuck.i tried to flash the sbf through rsd lite.rsd finds my phone but not propeties.so im unable to flash the sbf file.what do i do now.i tried to reboot into recovery by holding the home button and it just goes to a black screen.i have flashed many roms on my D1 and have never had a problem.i got the X thinking it was an upgrade and im finding out that it isnt.now its a paperweight,any help would be appreciated

Strothmann

Reaction score
im confused but if on GB you have to use the droid 2 bootstraper to enter clockwork recovery. if your phone is bricked them you will have to flash back using RSD Lite and the 2.2 sfb.

badenglishihave

Reaction score
Google "droid x swiss army knife" and you will find the official 2.2 SBF from Verizon and a version of RSD lite. What SBF have you already tried to flash?

Swyped on my Liberated Droid X

badenglishihave

Reaction score
Were you at the bootloader screen when you plugged in your phone and tried to flash? To get to the bootloader you need to do a battery pull, then hold down the camera and volume down keys and press the power button until you see the screen flicker. Release all the keys to reveal the bootloader screen, plug in your phone and you should be good to flash. If you've already done this and it's still not working I'm afraid that's all I know.

OP
I

imgrtful

Reaction score
yea i did that and it shows device properties but not file properties.i just cant get the start button.ive rooted 6 D1's with this computer and have never had an issue.this is really killing me tho.i need my phone for work.cant even get my contacts.oh and im using rsd lite 4.8

badenglishihave

Reaction score
I used RSD Lite 4.9 on my X this week with the Verizon 340 SBF and it worked fine. Maybe try that version of RSD Lite?

badenglishihave

Reaction score
Also I was on Windows 7 x64 when I ran RSD Lite.

ALSO did you install the latest Motorola drivers before you tried to flash?

Last edited:
OP
I

imgrtful

Reaction score
dl'ing now.where did you get the vzw 340 file

badenglishihave

Reaction score
I used the MB810 SBF that you already tried and that worked for me.

OP
I

imgrtful

Reaction score
still same thing.under modle it says s flash.shows it connected.it dissapears when i disconnect the phone.i installed the drivers this morning.what could i be missing.there isnt anything special i should be doing is there.all i remember doing with the d1 is plugging it up and hitting start

mopartonyg

Reaction score
hi imgrtful just some suggestions that work for me. i also have windows 7 64 same sbf file and rsd lite 4.9. put the sbf file in a seperate forlder by itself. put your x into bootloader camera, volume, power. plug your x into commputer before u open rsd and wait about 20 secs. now open rsd and it should see your phone, browse to folder where u put sbf file and hit open should showup in rsd. then just hit start. hope this helps. took me alot of tries to get it right. also make sure your battery is not dead. good luck

OP
I

imgrtful

Reaction score
i rebooted my computer and it rsd started working.went through the whole process and rebooted itself.the "m" logo came up instead of the gingerbread man.then the liberty bird came up and its stuck on that now.so im taking it that this didnt take me back to stock.now what???????????this is so frustrating

mopartonyg

Reaction score
Hi sorry it did not work. Pull battery go into recovery home button and power button until android man comes up. Wipe data snd cache 3 or 4 times dont reboot. Pull nattery back onto bootllader. Then sbf again. Be patient took me long time to gey it right.

OP
I

imgrtful

Reaction score
it says i dont have recovery.all that comes up is a triangle with ! and a lil android.so if i have no recovery,im not rooted.so why is reminance of liberty still on my phone causing it to stick in bootloop