Uh Oh, washed Maxx in the washing machine

coastalfan

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I washed my Maxx in the washing machine 3 weeks ago. The good news is that it is still woking somewhat. It is laggy and jerky, and I am dropping lots of calls and internet freezes somewhat. I got this phone in February, and did not get insurance. So, now, I am going to need to purchase a new phone pretty soon, I think, because it is getting laggy and jerkier every day. I don't want to go through Verizon because I have unlimited data on 2 smartphone lines now, and just a regular phone for $9.99 a pmonth, and we priced it out and it will cost me about $40.00 a month more to go to the shared plan for all of us. So, I am faced with buying a phone straight out and not going with shared plan. Any thoughts on what is a comparable phone to my Maxx, which I love. I have bid on a couple of Maxx's on ebay, but didn't get any of them.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
If I'm understanding your # of lines correctly then you may be able to get one at a subsidized price without losing your unlimited...if you have an upgrade available. And if you do have a third regular line (with dummy phone). How?

If you have an upgrade available, transfer the upgrade to the dummy line (or tiered line)

buy a phone at the subsidized price, then activate it on the tiered line/dummy line. If it's a tiered line, it will remain tiered and that line's contract will be updated. If it's a dummy line, then you will have to choose a tiered data package for that line.

Once the new phone has been activated on the tiered or dummy line and that contract updated, you can switch the phone over to your unlimited line and keep unlimited. If it was a dummy line, after you move the new phone off that line and put the dummy phone back on that dummy line, you can cancel the data package.

BUT you have to make sure you activate the new phone on the tiered/dummy line first before you move it to the unlimited line. If you activate it on your unlimited line first then you will be forced to choose a tiered data package... so you must first activate it on the dummy/tiered line before switching it to your unlimited line.

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
Unfortunately, I washed my Maxx in the washing machine 3 weeks ago. The good news is that it is still woking somewhat. It is laggy and jerky, and I am dropping lots of calls and internet freezes somewhat. I got this phone in February, and did not get insurance. So, now, I am going to need to purchase a new phone pretty soon, I think, because it is getting laggy and jerkier every day. I don't want to go through Verizon because I have unlimited data on 2 smartphone lines now, and just a regular phone for $9.99 a pmonth, and we priced it out and it will cost me about $40.00 a month more to go to the shared plan for all of us. So, I am faced with buying a phone straight out and not going with shared plan. Any thoughts on what is a comparable phone to my Maxx, which I love. I have bid on a couple of Maxx's on ebay, but didn't get any of them.

If you think you could manage it, you could just swap out your motherboard with a working one (out of a phone with a cracked screen that you can get for about $40 on ebay), and your phone would work flawlessly. I did this with my RAZR, and I've never had an issue with it.