Uh oh nexus

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Yeah I am struggling to get a data signal myself. At home when I am on CDMA I get a bare to nothing. Switch to CDMA/LTE and I get nothing. I always had 3-4 bars on my Bionic and Droid X. At my doctor today I could not even get a signal inside. I'm gonna give it some time and see what happens. But right now the data connection is ten times worse than my Bionic.

doublea500

Reaction score
yea mine is in and out too!!! i just made a new topic, didnt see this one

OP
D

dustinslee

Reaction score
I called vzw and of coarse they have not heard anything about it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

mrmark27

Reaction score
did the update right after i got my phone this am. ive only had 2 bars of 4g signal at my office but i partially blame that on the building itself, i know when i go to certain parts theres 0 signal at all, even with my OG Droid. even with those 2 bars, i got 4.8-5.8 mbps download speeds on speedtest.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I called vzw and of coarse they have not heard anything about it

Of course. Every call they get is the first time they ever heard of something.

9wire

Reaction score
My displayed signal bars for 3g and wifi have appeared lower than other devices I have in the house (moto / apple) BUT, doing speed tests and using the nexus has shown me that despite the lower displayed bars, it seems relatively on par.
Haven't done speed testing but while the phone works right, only 2 bars where I had 4 on my x. No LTE here.

coolrmc

Reaction score
You should of had an option when you created the exchange account to sync email, calendar and contacts.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
At home I only get 3G(just outside of a 4G area). When in 4G I had 2-3 bars. Haven't dropped data once, updated to 4.0.2 as soon as I got in the car this morning.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
I am getting bad data drops. When I had my rezound I would 1-2 bars 4g now on my Nexus I don't any 4g where i am at and also when its on 3g I am getting bad data drops. I sure hope they come out with a fix for it. :frown:

And yes, I did the update that was pushed out in the morning. I am on 4.0.2

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
No issues for me, been having 3-4 bars throughout the day.

48mA2.png

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not a Nexus question but a LTE question in general. Why are some people's 4G upload speeds so damn high? Mine top out at around 6 or 7Mbps, at best (this is on my Bionic) - i've seen downloads as high as 30Mbps, but never uploaded higher than 8. It seems like some LTE towers are allowing synchronous upload/download speeds while others aren't. Verizon should fix this, as we're all paying the same for data.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just depends where you live, 4g is still being built so you could have an optimized area, or one with more towers than others ect...

If I'm at work I'll be down to 1-2 bars, at home I'll see 3-4. I don't find that speeds vary that much depending on signal strength, but they do differ.