Uh Oh... is Verizon dropping Google Search on all future phones?

droidilac

Reaction score
Verizon did this with the BB Storm as well. Promises, promises, only to re-release the same device with a "2" label.

It's just Verizon's way unfortunately.

I remember when they did that. There were all sorts of angry BB users and if I remember correctly you couldn't go back to the original. You were stuck with Bing....

I hate Bing as well...

Google needs to release a true open/unlocked phone.... Fully customizable and capable of running on ANY carrier I wish... :icon_ banana::icon_evil::icon_ banana::icon_evil::icon_ banana::icon_evil::icon_ banana::icon_evil:

accellpo

Reaction score
If they do that I'm leaving for sure! The Bing integration is a mess. It looks just terrible.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love how anytime something happens to make anyone unhappy they are going to change carriers.

Whiny people.

Jmart922

Reaction score
That sucks ox balls, I recently watch a video of the incredible vs the fascinate and the reviewer showed how Bing! Poorly stood up against the google browser, and voice search, bad decision on their part

king_43

Reaction score
ditto, that would really get me upset.. Why is google allowing them to do this? as long as their is an easy ADJUSTABLE setting to allow bing or google, I do not see a problem but to replace bing with google is just retarded.. Look on the back of all the Driods, isn't there a big Google logo? Google should not allow verizon to do this but that is IMO

PainProphet

Reaction score
I despise bing as well, friggin jerks keep pushing me closer and closer to rooting and I'm too lazy for that now... one of the things I liked about my droid is that it defaulted to google searching, if its only going to be bing, I'm going to start to hate my phone pretty quickly then. Soooo who is the retarted monkey at the helm of Verizon now-a-days?

PainProphet

Reaction score

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

Geesh, maybe its time for me to stop coming to droidforums and droidlife so much. Too much speculation turned into "news" before its confirmed it seems. Well really i just need to take anything I read at those places with a grain of salt it seems.

Well, to DF's defense, they did quote the original source and pose it as a question in the subject. Unfortunately it's the nature of the internet.

PainProphet

Reaction score
nothing like truth...

Geesh, maybe its time for me to stop coming to droidforums and droidlife so much. Too much speculation turned into "news" before its confirmed it seems. Well really i just need to take anything I read at those places with a grain of salt it seems.

Well, to DF's defense, they did quote the original source and pose it as a question in the subject. Unfortunately it's the nature of the internet.

Yeah I know, but still, it has just gotten a lot more ridiculous since our beautiful droids came out.

Well, good news is, NO BING WOOOHOOOO :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
Well thanks to the android guys article, it shouldn't be too hard to avoid certain phones.

Me: Does this fancy new phone use Bing! or Google search?
Sales Person: Oh, it uses Bing!... isn't it great? A decision engine! Cool huh?
Me: HA HA HA HA HA HA... have a nice time selling that... I think I left my car engine running... bye!

I'm sure Android and Micro$oft will mix about as well as
Cow manure and Milk.