uh now...a forced update...

OP
scerpico22

scerpico22

Reaction score
the razr red eye looking wallpaper...that scrolls while its updating. sorry if it was unclear...

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you bootlooping? The boot animation is being played over and over?

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That's what's going on it sounds like.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

OP
scerpico22

scerpico22

Reaction score
kinda new to this stuff so sorry if ive been miss leading but yes...all of the sudden the red eye looking animation appeared from nowhere and has been there until now. first it just showed "droid" went to the animation and now back to "droid" 7 hrs now...

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
kinda new to this stuff so sorry if ive been miss leading but yes...all of the sudden the red eye looking animation appeared from nowhere and has been there until now. first it just showed "droid" went to the animation and now back to "droid" 7 hrs now...

I'm assuming you aren't rooted. You'll have to boot into stock recovery and wipe data. Something borked your phone with the update you took. You'll have to reinstall your apps and everything. :( Perhaps one of these nice Maxx owners can walk you through the process since I'm on a Nexus.

OP
scerpico22

scerpico22

Reaction score
I'm assuming you aren't rooted. You'll have to boot into stock recovery and wipe data. Something borked your phone with the update you took. You'll have to reinstall your apps and everything. :( Perhaps one of these nice Maxx owners can walk you through the process since I'm on a Nexus.

no..im not rooted...and this was pushed because i didnt initiate anything...

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I understand it was pushed to you. I didn't mean that you did anything wrong. :p

Anyway, I did some googling for you.

Power off device.
Hold down both volume buttons and power device back on.
Push volume down to highlight recover.
Push volume up to select.
When little green Android with triangle appears, press both volume buttons.
You are now in stock recovery.

But since you're in a loop, you may have to wait for the phone to die beforehand since you can't pull the battery.

OP
scerpico22

scerpico22

Reaction score
i googled also and it seems that power button and volume down button together resets...tried this and and its trying to reboot but gets stuck...damn it!!! had zero issues for 3 months till now. ill try and figure it oout...i do appreciate your help. thx!

OP
scerpico22

scerpico22

Reaction score
got into the factory re-set...lets see how it goes

OP
scerpico22

scerpico22

Reaction score
factory reset worked...starting from scratch...!!!

thx again for ur help

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
no..im not rooted...and this was pushed because i didnt initiate anything...

Updates are never just pushed without your consent. When there is an update a box will pop up and ask you if you want to upgrade. If your phone just all of a sudden went to the boot animation, that just means something was wrong with your phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk