Ugrading to a new Android Phone

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have a D1.

If I want to move stuff like K-9 Mail (which has been set up with 12 email addresses) with the settings is it possible?

What's the best method of moving stuff to the new phone?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you are rooted you can use titanium backup. But some apps it may be best to do a clean install because if you restore your settings from a d1 to a samsung charge (for example) you may get f/cs.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm going to upgrade to the Bionic...

How do I do it with Titanium? I'm rooted from the D1 but my new phone won't be.

Do I move Titanium to my computer and then put it on the Bionic (when it comes out)?

Thx

If you are rooted you can use titanium backup. But some apps it may be best to do a clean install because if you restore your settings from a d1 to a samsung charge (for example) you may get f/cs.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
How do I do it with Titanium? I'm rooted from the D1 but my new phone won't be.
Menu->Batch, the rest should be self explanatory. Keep in mind you need the paid version.

To restore you have to have root on the new device. You can download the apk from the devs website, just google it, and sideload it on the new phone. Now if you bought the app from the devs website just make sure you license is in the root of the SD card and Titanium Backup will turn in to the pro version on the new phone. Otherwise you can redownload the paid version form the market on your new phone.