Ugh this is really annoying

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Jam2it30@gmail.com, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Jam2it30@gmail.com

Jam2it30@gmail.com Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Easiest way possible to change clock to white

How to change Clock to White (took 5minutes)
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/23453-stanrcs-black-bar.html

Download this file send it to your Droid (or download it directly to Droid and find it using Metamorph in download folder), use Metamorph to theme it and theres your white clock. Then you can theme anything and white clock should stay. I used this and Adamz Theme and no problem.

credit to tu3218 for finding
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  2. stanrc

stanrc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There are plenty of guides on this site and alldroid to explain how to change it.
  3. Jam2it30@gmail.com

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't find one.
  4. stanrc

stanrc Member

Ratings:
    +0
  5. Droidster163

Droidster163 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem. Looks like one of the fixes requires you download an app on your comp? Only thing is i have a MAC and i don't think it runs on it. Is there any other way to change the color to white? I tried searching as well but all seem to say the same thing.
  6. mostendorf34

mostendorf34 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  7. Jam2it30@gmail.com

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, same here
  8. mostendorf34

mostendorf34 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I figured it out, in my opinion it's unecesarily complicated but I managed to find the easiest way to do it.... read over this How to change clock to white and blue (step by step)

I have a mac so the xultimate option didn't work and is more complicated than what I did... go to page 3 or 4 of that thread and read carefully you will find people mentioning using the app root explorer, that's the way I did it so read on from there... hope that helps!
  9. Droidster163

Droidster163 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks! I will try this later when i get a chance.
  10. Droidster163

Droidster163 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok so i've never messed with any of the mounting modes on the droid. is there some kinds of walk through on this? how do i push that .jar file to the right place?
  11. cpjr

cpjr Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You will need to use shell commands, using ADB. To do this on a Mac you will need to first download the Android SDK (google) and unzip it, then run this to setup your Mac to use it:

Afterwards put your phone into recovery and mount both system and sdcard, then you can push/install/run anything you need to.

PS- To start running shell commands through ADB on the Mac open a Terminal window, then type:

./adb shell

Then you are ready to rock.
  12. Droidster163

Droidster163 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. I tried configuring my mac to run ADB but it won't work. Keep getting "no such file or directory" I'm sure i am typing everything correctly.
  13. mostendorf34

mostendorf34 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    While reading that thread I got very confused wth the ADK SDK and all that stuff as i'm pretty technically literate... but not exactly savy or about to start developing my own stuff....

all i did was get the proper .jar file (which you should have found and downloaded it from the thread i posted on the last page), have it on my mac desktop. I then connected my phone to computer via USB, mounted it so i could click on my phone and see everything, i then click on my phone... which shows all the SD card files... i dragged the .jar file into the "android" folder (just so i know where it is).

Then i unmounted phone and disconnected it from my computer, lastly i used the app "root explorer" to look at my phones files... on the first screen after opening the app. you should see audio, cache, data, images, etc. etc.

Click on "sdcard" and then on the "android" folder (where you put the .jar file when mounted to your computer). Fine the .jar file, long click on it and select "copy", then go back to the first screen of "root explorer" and click on "system" and then "framework", once in the "framework" folder paste the .jar folder you copied... exit out, restart your phone and your time displayed on the top right of your notification bar should be white!

This worked for me and from reading that thread this also seems like bar far the easiest way to accomplish your goal, i hope my directions make sense... let me know if it works, if it doesn't i will check my instructions and clarify if needed, good luck!
  14. Droidster163

Droidster163 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a bunch i guess i misread that thread! Now when i looked up root explorer it was like 1.20 in the market. Is there any other Free app that can do the same thing? I guess i would pay the 1.20 if i really wanted to fix it but if there is a free app that will do the same thing than i'd rather go that route.
  15. tu3218

tu3218 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
Search tags for this page

content