ugh, need help regarding sholes 2.0.3 mod

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by elusiveaura, Feb 11, 2010.

1. elusiveaura

elusiveaura New Member

I rooted using this mod a few minutes ago. I bought setcpu and chose autodetect, and still cannot go above 550mhz. I know to keep min a 250 for sleep. Everything said it was successful, I even tried rebooting my phone and still no go. If it matters, the autodetect shows version 1.4.6 in setcpu.

What am I doing wrong? I haven't installed any ROMS or anything like that. Help. Sorry for the noob question.
  2. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Try looking at the third link in my signature or towards the end of my guide in my middle link.
  3. SkullOne

SkullOne New Member

Setcpu needs to be set to autodetect.
  4. elusiveaura

elusiveaura New Member

Thanks for the response guys, I actually figured out what I had to do before I read these again. I had installed setcpu and smupdater but I never ran smupdater once I installed it. I had yet to flash the rom and install all the packages it came with.

Wow, this phone is freaking amazing. I have 2 different home launchers both with 5 screens if I choose. This phone seems to have a LOT more functionality now. I did have it OC'd to 800 but Im wary that this may kill my processor/phone faster. I put it back to 550 for now. I did set my profiles up to the lower specs when charging/idle, etc but not sure about regular. Do you think it's fine to keep it at 800?

One more thing, I don't have an email icon anymore, just gmail. I used to have yahoo set up. Is that still possible or am I missing something? Thanks. :)
  5. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    Mine is running fine at one gig so yes