ugh, need help regarding sholes 2.0.3 mod

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by elusiveaura, Feb 11, 2010.

1. elusiveaura

elusiveaura New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I rooted using this mod a few minutes ago. I bought setcpu and chose autodetect, and still cannot go above 550mhz. I know to keep min a 250 for sleep. Everything said it was successful, I even tried rebooting my phone and still no go. If it matters, the autodetect shows version 1.4.6 in setcpu.

What am I doing wrong? I haven't installed any ROMS or anything like that. Help. Sorry for the noob question.

2. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Try looking at the third link in my signature or towards the end of my guide in my middle link.

3. SkullOne

SkullOne Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Setcpu needs to be set to autodetect.

4. elusiveaura

elusiveaura New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the response guys, I actually figured out what I had to do before I read these again. I had installed setcpu and smupdater but I never ran smupdater once I installed it. I had yet to flash the rom and install all the packages it came with.

Wow, this phone is freaking amazing. I have 2 different home launchers both with 5 screens if I choose. This phone seems to have a LOT more functionality now. I did have it OC'd to 800 but Im wary that this may kill my processor/phone faster. I put it back to 550 for now. I did set my profiles up to the lower specs when charging/idle, etc but not sure about regular. Do you think it's fine to keep it at 800?

One more thing, I don't have an email icon anymore, just gmail. I used to have yahoo set up. Is that still possible or am I missing something? Thanks. :)

5. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine is running fine at one gig so yes