UGGHHH...really

R850R

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
R00ted S3
Just got a Droid 2 from VZW to replace my Droid 1 (was having issues with signal).

The D2 still has same issues with signal (noticed this when iphone users came on board late Feb/early Mar).

D2 is quirky...no android smileys...have to install handcent.

No email notifications directly from yahoo, but will get them with the moto-filter.

Texting issues, no " ' " in spell check for the work I'm and cannot use the & without it it attaching to words, ex.) using&

I'm seriously thinking they crippled the D2 with moto-blur and bloat ware.

Are these above common? I'm deciding to either work it out or send it back and keep my D1.

jimberg

Reaction score
I would try rooting and installing liberty 1.5 you're new here so search these forums everything you need to know is here along with an awesome community.

I enjoy my d2 much more now since installing liberty. there are a few more roms for the d2 but imo liberty is top notch.

if you don't like it you can always sbf back to stock and return it.

hope this helps.

sent from my liberated droid 2

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i would have to agree. a good amount of those issues are very common and related to blur. a blurless rom of any kind would help you out.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The thing with symbols is annoying to me too. Its something in the keyboard apk, I think (granted, I've only ever used swype and my keyboard on the phone which I almost always use) but i don't know a way around it other than by backing up and spacing it afterwards.

Sent from my Liberated D2G