UDv10 and the infinite boot loop

RedBull

Reaction score
I downloaded v10 last night when all the drama was going on. At first it said it was an 84mb file, but only downloaded like 1.8mb. That told me something was going wrong right off the bat. After a few attempts, I finally got what I think is the full version.

Did a factory wipe/cache wipe twice, then nandroid installed v10. Selected the new Helix2 launcher (with the button in the bottom right corner) and BAM...boot loops. Repeated. I had to pull the battery because it would NOT let me power down. The one time it did let me power down, it booted back up as if I was on a charger.

Also...it seems as if this ROM has a gag or something in it. My battery is 100% because I charged it in anticipation of installing again tonight, and when UD10 came up the first time, it said "70%" in the battery widget and my signal strength does not ever move. I haven't seen anything else like this mentioned...does anyone have ideas on what the heck happened?

Thanks!

kaboyd

Reaction score
I installed UDv10 through nandroid recovery after wiping data and cache twice as was posted in the instructions from BD. Did you try that?

OP
RedBull

RedBull

Reaction score
I installed UDv10 through nandroid recovery after wiping data and cache twice as was posted in the instructions from BD. Did you try that?

Yup. Followed the directions to the letter. I even downloaded the rom a second time just in case I might have had a corrupted download. Did the install twice in the last 24 hours and same result. I just wanna play! lol

kaboyd

Reaction score
Sorry man, I'm not any help then. I downloaded the nextheme he posted and installed it an hour ago. Mine is working fine. Good luck

OP
RedBull

RedBull

Reaction score
Oh...and mine is the UD theme...not the nextheme...not sure if that matters a whole lot?

Just PM'd ya kaboyd...

Pokebreaker

Reaction score
Did you adjust anything with SetCPU? I had a similar problem earlier, Ima go find the blurb I wrote.

OP
RedBull

RedBull

Reaction score
Unfortunately, no. I never got that far. It came up that first time, I selected the new Helix launcher and then the boot loops began. Should I have uninstalled Setcpu prior to flashing the new rom?

OP
RedBull

RedBull

Reaction score
A theory...

I started thinking about the problem with the boot loops. It was mentioned earlier about Setcpu. So before trying to flash UD10, I removed the profiles and set on boot from Setcpu and removed it from my phone. I then did the instructions as posted in his release thread, and flashed it perfectly.

The thing that caught my eye...I backed up my apps in Astro and when I went to reinstall...I got a pop up saying that Setcpu was already installed and did I wanna continue. I said no and proceeded.

Bottom line is...it seems to be working fine...but is Setcpu included in this ROM? Isn't Setcpu a paid app?

Can someone look inside his rom package and see if that is included? It appears to be the problem that I ran across...

Pokebreaker

Reaction score
I had the same issue come up when I did the Astro app restore. I didn't see it in the App folder, I'm not sure. Maybe remnants of it are left behind, which is why they suggest turning off Set on Boot prior to nandroid restoring.

comiTEST

Reaction score
Still Stuck in boot loop (random)

Help!

I am currently in the same position many have faced with the inifinite boot loop and UDv10. I have followed the directions numerous times of (WipeData / WipeData / WipeCache / WipeCache / Nandroid Restore), and will encounter the boot loop usually anywhere from 5-10 min after the update is applied. I have tried the kernels from 800 to 1200 and even though I thought it would be stable on 800, the boot loop won in the end. I have also gone as far as completely unrooting to stock 2.0.1 and upgrading up to UD v10. And the loops still occur.

Now setCPU. I only briefly had it installed on 9.8 before I tried making the change so I am not as familiar with it as most. However I did follow the instructions on the setCPU post and I thought it was fixed. However an hour later and the boots returned without me even touching the phone. Are there any magic settings I can apply to setCPU that will fix this?

I have no idea what is going on. I immediatly install ATK and setCPU to try and beat the loop boot but it still happens. I have searched the forums and this is the closest thing to my situation that I have found. Are there any other solutions besides screwing with setcpu? For the time being I will be going back to 9.8 as it has 0 problems on my phone. I think it has something to do with the kernel but who knows.

(A couple lines turned into 3 paragraphs, sheesh. Sry bout that, thx for readin :), any help would be kickass :icon_ banana:)