UD's facebook: 3.0.0 release candidates will be released some time tonight

OP
E

elucid

Reaction score
Nice. Definitely gonna be checking this out. Hopefully a nice simple theme will be out to get rid of all that ugly ass GB green that everyone is using lol. Nothing like looking to see how much battery and 3g I have only to think andy vomited on my notification bar.

+1, I hate the green motif too. To their defense it is stock GB (check out the Nexus S).

I love the stock UD theme.

jbrock98

Reaction score
i dont give "2 cents" (edited by mod, not my phrasing) who came up with the fix, all i know is when i put on a blackdroid rom it blows the others outta the water

Last edited by a moderator:

dbuglio

Reaction score
Not only the fact that the OS is open source, but that we are hacking and reverse engineering ROMS to work on phones that are not officially supported. It's funny that people are nitpicking over bugfixes.

If you are going to contribute do it for the betterment of the community and do it as close to annomously as possible. It greatly amuses me that those that contribute to a open source OS, are crying about being properly "cited". What next, patent's on your fixes?

I'm about as loyal to UD until the next best thing pops up, I never could find Cyanogen fast enough for my needs and MIUI needs to hit gingerbread before I will give it another shot.

When I am downloading a new rom from anyone, I skim over the whats working / broken and just focus on whats broken, I expect anything I flash to be as close to 100% as possible. I don't really care who fixed what.

In short, I would consider any external fixes being cited by a chef a professional courtesy, not a standard.

Go to XDA's droid section and start this petty BS, see how fast your done with that site. I don't know why droidforums tolerates this petty mudslinging.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not only the fact that the OS is open source, but that we are hacking and reverse engineering ROMS to work on phones that are not officially supported. It's funny that people are nitpicking over bugfixes.

If you are going to contribute do it for the betterment of the community and do it as close to annomously as possible. It greatly amuses me that those that contribute to a open source OS, are crying about being properly "cited". What next, patent's on your fixes?

I'm about as loyal to UD until the next best thing pops up, I never could find Cyanogen fast enough for my needs and MIUI needs to hit gingerbread before I will give it another shot.

When I am downloading a new rom from anyone, I skim over the whats working / broken and just focus on whats broken, I expect anything I flash to be as close to 100% as possible. I don't really care who fixed what.

In short, I would consider any external fixes being cited by a chef a professional courtesy, not a standard.

Go to XDA's droid section and start this petty BS, see how fast your done with that site. I don't know why droidforums tolerates this petty mudslinging.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Whenever bd has a release the "did you cite?" whiners come out of the woodwork. These are the same ones who tout "android is open source, ios sucks!!!" yet they're begging for credit...it's just a bunch of whiny kids who don't know what open source is.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jonnyc

Reaction score
did he get the camcorder working? I don't think I've seen anyone with that fix.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK, here's the deal. First I apologize to the many people who's post got deleted simply for quoting another post. But that post was inflammatory in this thread.

If anybody else wants to come in and make wise cracks about UD, BD, or anything else like that infractions will be issued. Do not start trouble.

And one more thing. No swearing. No bypassing the censor or anything like that. If you have any other questions click the link on my signature and read the guidelines.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The nightlies are right on point IMO - the only thing I am missing is the backlights, the camcorder I can care less about and the accelerometer isn't that big of a deal but it would be nice :)

GB D1

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Im still thinking the 3G fix is the same hack the DF been using. I just the release has less redraws. cuz redraws really get on my nerves :(

aldeghij

Reaction score
OK, here's the deal. First I apologize to the many people who's post got deleted simply for quoting another post. But that post was inflammatory in this thread.

If anybody else wants to come in and make wise cracks about UD, BD, or anything else like that infractions will be issued. Do not start trouble.

And one more thing. No swearing. No bypassing the censor or anything like that. If you have any other questions click the link on my signature and read the guidelines.

No worries here

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Ok I am only stating what CVPCS said. He hasn't talked to UD for a while and wrote the code at 4am and koush merged it at 5am. Just stating.

TexasRules777

Reaction score

Wish i could upvote you :)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok I am only stating what CVPCS said. He hasn't talked to UD for a while and wrote the code at 4am and koush merged it at 5am. Just stating.
Again and for the last time - we are not here to discuss what developer said what about who, that kind of discussion has no place on D/F and will not be tolerated.