UD9.8 and Smoked Glass Dial Pad + 7 Slot Kernels

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by skidemn, Apr 7, 2010.

1. skidemn

skidemn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried asking this twice in the UD 9.8 thread since it is the reason for my question, but no one seems to know so here goes...

As part of the UD theme I lost my beloved Smoke Glass dial pad. I tried reloading it through MM but not until after I realized it was a 2.0.1 based theme and I lost phone functions after that. After doing an update.zip re-install of 9.8, I can't find how or where to get a working Smoked Glass dial pad theme that works with this UD 9.8 release. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, I have just updated to a Chevy's 7 slot 1.2GHz LV kernel but I only have 5 slots in SetCPU. Do I need to uninstall SetCPU and re-install to see the extra two slots? I am on autodetect BTW.

2. lockman

lockman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Where'd you get the kernel from? First page of 9.8? I just checked mine, and it is 7 slots. I'd re-download it, and re-update.zip it.

3. hypura

hypura Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's from Chevy's list of Kernels, theres nothing wrong with a 5 slot. It should work just fine.

4. skidemn

skidemn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I got the 7-slot kernel from the first page of the UD9.8 thread, and it does say 7 slot on the file name but it only shows 5 slots in SetCPU. I thought maybe I have something set wrong in SetCPU since I can't see the other two slots.

EDIT: I reapplied the update.zip and it works properly now as I see all 7 slots. That was odd...

I still need a way to add the smoked glass dial pad to UD 9.8 if anyone knows how, please let me know.

#4 skidemn, Apr 7, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  5. wylie

wylie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can do an adb pull of the Phone.apk and Contacts.apk, use 7-zip to open the .apk files and replace some of the images with the ones from a Smoked Glass Phone and Contact file. Then adb push the files back to the phone. There are instructions all over the place for how to do it. Just do some research on it before you try it and make backups.

6. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +31
  7. skidemn

skidemn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Wylie! I used your method of 7zip to take the parts I needed, then replaced those .apk files in the stock UD9.8 theme and loaded the update.zip and it worked perfectly. Now I would like to change the notifications panels to look like this below, but I don't know what that is stored under in a ROM. I did some looking through .apk files and even down to opening the .png files but I could not see where the information to format the notification screen is kept. Any ideas?
    [​IMG]

8. VirtualGeek

VirtualGeek Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's in framework/framework-res.apk

Lots of images to play with, filenames begin with "stat" or "status". I started messing around with them, but had no clue how to repackage it back into an .apk and install it on the droid, but it sounds like you just zip it and install it as an update.zip through recovery?

Search tags for this page

how to get a custom dial pad on notr 2