UD to BB

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by dragonfly1113, Aug 10, 2010.

1. dragonfly1113

dragonfly1113 New Member

so thinking of switching from the newest ultimate droid to Bugless Beast after reading the convo he had with Droid-Life and was just curious if i should be wiping data and cache? i choose not to do that alot when i install newer roms because i hate having to "reprogram" the phone. that is what happends when you choose to wipe data and cache correct?

Been rooting droids for a while with a different rom almost weekly to try and find the best out there just never do the wipe data and cache wondering how important it is to how the phone performs after a new rom install.
  2. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

Probably all of your issues stems from installing differing ROMs over one another without wiping data....
  3. dragonfly1113

dragonfly1113 New Member

Does the phone need to be "reprogrammed" after every time?
  4. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Yea, you should ALWAYS wipe data and cache a few times before installing a new ROM. In fact, I always wipe my phone clean even for an update on the same ROM just so my phone is completely error free. So yea, WIPE!

Also, I don't want to start any negative talk, but why are you going from UD to BB. Personally I feel like thats a downgrade.
  5. dragonfly1113

dragonfly1113 New Member

UD was slowing down on me and the nav wasnt working right when in the car dock figured id give something else a try. UD is good though, maybe its just due to me not wiping.
  6. icculusX

Yea, my nav works fine and this ROM has been super fast. I'd say wipe before changing anything.... it's as good practice as making nandroid backups...
  7. dragonfly1113

dragonfly1113 New Member

Will the wiping make me reprogram the phone? sorry for all the noob'ish questions feel dumb asking these since ive been installing roms for a while now.
  8. icculusX

You'll just have to sign into your google account again and let it sync for a bit. You can always use an app like Titanium Backup to save and restore all your app and settings data...

Don't feel dumb asking questions like these. Only one way to learn...
  9. dragonfly1113

dragonfly1113 New Member

Ok thanks bud. hopefully it all goes through with no issues :)
  10. BuglessFan

BuglessFan New Member

On my Droid, UD was slower than BB, didn't play well with some of my apps, bluetooth wouldn't recognize the button push (felt like 2.1) and broke WiFi Tether. I gave it about 12 hours, but couldn't come back to BB fast enough. I was bored waiting for v0.5, so figured I try. To me, the hype seems to be hype, but I guess different phones always play better with different ROMs/settings. Maybe I'll try it again sometime, but it certainly isn't a "downgrade" moving from UD to any other ROM.
  11. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

This is my third day with ultimate droid, being I started with bb, then tried kangerade (and hated it) and ud not being mentioned here I knew nothing about it..

UD 6.0 is awesome though, I'm still comparing batterylife but overall I'm enjoying it. I'll wait for bb.5, and I know there was some drama between pete and whoever makes the ud rom, but ud 6.0 is the only other rom I've tried and kept for more than a few hours.

Also its default "theme" is pretty nice, I only miss the percentage on the batt icon.
  12. pbdroid

pbdroid New Member

Gotta do Luna over the UD!!! Awesome, simply awesome. Best ROM and Theme combo ... hands(et) down!!!!
  13. BuglessFan

BuglessFan New Member

Actually the drama was with cyanogen, but apparently is in the past. Pete seems drama free. UD had enough issues right now for it not to be worth keeping on for me, but it honestly doesn't seem like a bad ROM overall and I can see why people whose phones play well with it would swear by it, just not me. There's actually not that much reason to get all religious about ROMs, just try them and stick with what works for you. Each of them seems to have some tweaks that make them better and issues that make them worse. Every one I've tried beats the hell out of stock though ;)
  14. *22899

*22899 Premium Member Premium Member

Thank you for saying it!! Its all B...S,,,, go with what you like! not what your told.

I would like to start a petition to stop all BB vs UD threads at DF. This junk is getting old. People that are new to Scene need to read past the hype and see that there is a lot of ROMs available that probably would better fit there needs then the first ones they look at.

By now we should all have our own opinions and needs/wants and there is no reason to be always putting a title of BETTER THEN on any ROM. The next one is always better, right? Don't matter who puts it out.
  15. terra-

terra- New Member

Also its default "theme" is pretty nice, I only miss the percentage on the batt icon.[/QUOTE]

with UD 6.0.0 you can turn on battery % within UD Settings-User Interface....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  16. BuglessFan

BuglessFan New Member

Funny, I actually like it missing since open home shows it at the bottom of my screen to 10% instead of 20% increments (plus I have BattStatt on one screen if I get really into it ;)

If I ever figure out the way to tweak themes, something in between 928 Droid and Cuttalott's 24K theme will be the way I go...
  17. anonydroid

anonydroid New Member

Its on the Settings > Ultimate Droid > User Interface.
  18. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

UD does 10% increments....

Thanks everyone, missed that section in settings.
  19. dragonfly1113

dragonfly1113 New Member

Any time i try to go to the settings...ultimate droid...interface.. it force closes?
  20. icculusX

Did you not wipe before installing UD6? Did you apply a theme over UD6 that was not built for that exact ROM version?