UD on Thunder Bolt.......

GohanBurner

Reaction score
The thunderbolt is a waste since the Bionic is coming out QT2 (summer) of this year. That's the phone I am getting!

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
The thunderbolt is a waste since the Bionic is coming out QT2 (summer) of this year. That's the phone I am getting!

Sorry you feel that way. The thunderbolt will be a great phone for whoever gets it. The Bionic will be too. Both for many different reasons.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
thanks by the way, i just had to go look online at thunderbolt and its advantages over bionic, now i want thunderbolt asap!! lol

lol np. i was amazed too bc i always assumed dual core would be better, not this time. saw a video review of tbolt where it was a pre production unit from end of january and it was fast even with a ton of apps on it. took 15 seconds max to boot up too. then watched bionic hands on video and was like really? wtf? no apps but stock, no widgets out, just a few icons and it was laggy on screen switches and app drawer too. maybe by launch it will be a bit better but forget it. HTC updates os's better too and more often than moto and timely. and sense kills blur any day of the week also.

i never had htc before. my buddy has and then got an x and said his x is the last moto phone he will ever buy. locked bootloaders kill it for me. and the super almod screen on tbolt is just amazing! the kickstand works portrait and landscape. no need for home media dock now ;) saves me some cash! lol

And i will say UD is coming to the Thunderbolt! i will work my ass off with BD's help and a few others to make it happen! probably without sense for first release but hoopefully can get it added back in eventually. bc remember, it wont be froyo sense.... it will be gingerbread with sense hopefully lol, but atleast gb on tbolt :) :blackdroid:

Gingerbread + UD + HTC Thunderbolt = :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Thanks for the post!

-Mike

cujo6801

Reaction score
thanks by the way, i just had to go look online at thunderbolt and its advantages over bionic, now i want thunderbolt asap!! lol

lol np. i was amazed too bc i always assumed dual core would be better, not this time. saw a video review of tbolt where it was a pre production unit from end of january and it was fast even with a ton of apps on it. took 15 seconds max to boot up too. then watched bionic hands on video and was like really? wtf? no apps but stock, no widgets out, just a few icons and it was laggy on screen switches and app drawer too. maybe by launch it will be a bit better but forget it. HTC updates os's better too and more often than moto and timely. and sense kills blur any day of the week also.

i never had htc before. my buddy has and then got an x and said his x is the last moto phone he will ever buy. locked bootloaders kill it for me. and the super almod screen on tbolt is just amazing! the kickstand works portrait and landscape. no need for home media dock now ;) saves me some cash! lol

And i will say UD is coming to the Thunderbolt! i will work my ass off with BD's help and a few others to make it happen! probably without sense for first release but hoopefully can get it added back in eventually. bc remember, it wont be froyo sense.... it will be gingerbread with sense hopefully lol, but atleast gb on tbolt :) :blackdroid:

Gingerbread + UD + HTC Thunderbolt = :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Thanks for the post!

-Mike
+1:yeahbaby01:

kevin24lg

Reaction score
I love online community's like this one.

Here I am debating about what phone to get next. The Droid Bionic is very high on my list, but that damned bootloader is a killer for me. Then I was thinking, maybe the LG Revolution or whatever dual core device they bring to the table. I could also go the route of Samsung whenever they release a dual-core phone.

Then I come across this post and now I'm seriously thinking about the HTC Thunderbolt. How crazy is it that a group of developers I've never met or really spoke to are giving me a serious thought on a phone.

I really appreciate everything the devs do around here. This ROM has been my go to for about 7 months now and the availability of this ROM is a pretty big factor in my next purchase. Beers coming your way on my next check. :)

Rodeojones

Reaction score
I'll be honest...knowing there's a chance for UD on the Thunderbolt changes my opinion about getting it. I have four available upgrades right now and I'm waiting to pull the trigger on the right phone. This might be it.

previous post last paragraph about ud on tbolt :D :blackdroid:

Yep, I noticed that earlier. UD on the TB sounds good to me. Thanks for helping me make my decision.

Although, if the rumored Droid X2 or Droid 3 comes with vanilla android and an unlocked bootloader (which has been discussed as a possibility for one of them), I might change my mind. I don't necessarily need 4G. Good thing I have four available upgrades! :icon_ banana:

OP
RafficaX

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

It snot a waste if you do some research. already head to head tbolt comes out faster and better pretty much. Bionic has lots of lag if you watch videos of it. no extra apps installed and its noticeably laggy. tbolt with apps and sense widgets on homescreens runs smooottthhhhhh!

The phone your getting will be one with very lil dev support. not many want to bother with moto anymore. bc they wont unlock phone bootloaders, they proved it with the atrix already. bionic will be the same way.

mdgmcse

Reaction score

guitarboy1193

Reaction score

It snot a waste if you do some research. already head to head tbolt comes out faster and better pretty much. Bionic has lots of lag if you watch videos of it. no extra apps installed and its noticeably laggy. tbolt with apps and sense widgets on homescreens runs smooottthhhhhh!

The phone your getting will be one with very lil dev support. not many want to bother with moto anymore. bc they wont unlock phone bootloaders, they proved it with the atrix already. bionic will be the same way.

+1 :icon_ banana:
since yesterday i looked a lot at thunderbolt, really excited for the day i will be able to finally get one, all about funds at this point.. lol. but come end of march, when my upgrades available, I should have sufficient funds :)

lol you said snot

Last edited:

moosez3

Reaction score
Im going to get it if it ever comes out, and I would LOVE UD on it.