1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

UD on Thunder Bolt.......

Discussion in 'UltimateDroid' started by RafficaX, Feb 21, 2011.

1. RafficaX

RafficaX Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Just curious who is getting a thunder bolt and thoughts on UD on it.

Been talking to BD bc im getting a T-bolt and gonna try to be the maintainer on it also possibly. Depending on how my Java skills fair.
  2. NicoleNXD

NicoleNXD New Member

I for one was thinking about looking into getting a thunderbolt and was curious if bd would develop roms for it. I love bd's roms and would definately love to see them on the thunderbolt.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  3. wctaylor79

wctaylor79 Premium Member Premium Member

Def getting one and not sure.. I love UD and have been happily using it for a while, but off the gate will be enjoying some HTC Sense. Been on the D1 since launch and going to give the stock feel a good run with maybe a little OC when it comes down the road.. Eventually though UD on TB would be great, and with as much as I flash my phone the stock feel might go out the window the first month...
  4. RafficaX

Well and also, i have been talking to BD, i would like to offer a few options on T-bolt for a rom:

1. UD 3.1.0 - stock ud
    2. UD 3.1.0 - w/sense 2.0
    3. aosp - vanilla android no sense

not sure how difficult #2 will be but i would like to make it happen. And im gonna keep my D1 so i may look into if t-bolt isnt to bad on me becoming the maintainer on D1 also. Since im on df with everything would make the most sense ;)

and it says 3.1.0 bc that is the next ud release, no ETA!! lol. but i know 3.0.1 will not be the build for T-bolt though, probably not 3.1.0 either but a the one after that, idk. just saying lol.
  5. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I would definitely be interested in UD for the thunderbolt. I have an upgrade I can use but have been reluctant to leave my D1. I do agree that i would have to run stock for a while but after customizing for so long I know I would not be able to stay away from rooting any phone that I can.
  6. wctaylor79

wctaylor79 Premium Member Premium Member

So not my dream UD but the one after that... well how fitting... dancedroid
  7. jbg25

jbg25 New Member

If I can manage to find one the day of release...I may just grab it. Depending of course on 4g pricing since I wont have access until the end of the year.
  8. nmoore125

nmoore125 New Member

I have preordered my TB and have been a long time bd user and supporter. I have donated a few times.. That being said I am looking forward to the Sense 2.0 and then rooting .. I really like the idea of #2 here. Would be willing to continue donating for future development.

9. guitarboy1193

guitarboy1193 New Member

I was looking at both the thunderbolt and the bionic, and im wanting the bionic more. it seems to have more power and seems like a better phone. the only realy pros that the thunderbolt had that i saw was the kickstand lol. and Ive always liked droid phones over htc
  10. RafficaX

to each their own. bionic = locked bootloader. and i want to fully customize my phone. also every video i saw the bionic is laggy! saw one with tbolt and apps on it and widgets on homescreens and it was fast. bionic had a few icons and was laggy already lol. dual and moto = fail. anything and moto = fail bc of locked bootloaders and there ****ty developers honestly.
  11. crazyjoker2

crazyjoker2 New Member

TB would be awesome!!
  12. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

D2 and DX=Locked bootloader too...didn't stop you and BD..

DroidForums Junkie!!
  13. RafficaX

lol, true! but still, no final for either of those yet. and to be honest we have not decide if we are gonna work on any more moto products again. tired of the crazy crap to dev on them. those 2 phones are as much work as the other 9 we work on including the 2 tablets!
  14. bp328i

bp328i Theme Developer Theme Developer

I'm first on the pre-order list at my Best Buy so I am definitely getting one on launch day (or at least Best Buy's launch day). I would love to see UD on the Thunderbolt. I'm sure I will be over stock after the first night.
  15. Octavian

Octavian New Member

I'm definitely interested in UD on Tbolt. I've had my D1 since the early days and UD has come through for me since I first rooted. I'm getting a Tbolt, not right away but pretty soon after release. It would be great to run UD on that too!
  16. Rodeojones

Rodeojones New Member

I'll be honest...knowing there's a chance for UD on the Thunderbolt changes my opinion about getting it. I have four available upgrades right now and I'm waiting to pull the trigger on the right phone. This might be it.
  17. n0yxl

n0yxl New Member

I am very impressed with the fluidity of the UI as well. I know that benchmarks are synthetic, and don't paint the whole picture but; looks like 2nd Gen Snapdragon has some #s behind it!

I really believe the the TB will be as big of a legacy device, as our beloved D1. :)

Planning on picking up the TB on the 24th. I'm going to rock it stock for a few months or so -get a good feel for the Sense UI, etc. Definitely would like to have UD as an option down the road!
  18. guitarboy1193

guitarboy1193 New Member

Wow, that changes my opinion completely. I honestly havent looked into it any more than specs and pictures, and with the past Ive always liked droid phones. I havent planned on getting a new phone till mid may or beginning of june, so I will be looking at the next best thing, if theres something else planned to come after thunderbolt by then. But if the thunderbolt is supposed to be better than bionic and new motorolas are all going to have a locked bootloader, then looks like im going to be switching to htc :)
  19. guitarboy1193

guitarboy1193 New Member

thanks by the way, i just had to go look online at thunderbolt and its advantages over bionic, now i want thunderbolt asap!! lol
  20. RafficaX

lol np. i was amazed too bc i always assumed dual core would be better, not this time. saw a video review of tbolt where it was a pre production unit from end of january and it was fast even with a ton of apps on it. took 15 seconds max to boot up too. then watched bionic hands on video and was like really? wtf? no apps but stock, no widgets out, just a few icons and it was laggy on screen switches and app drawer too. maybe by launch it will be a bit better but forget it. HTC updates os's better too and more often than moto and timely. and sense kills blur any day of the week also.

i never had htc before. my buddy has and then got an x and said his x is the last moto phone he will ever buy. locked bootloaders kill it for me. and the super almod screen on tbolt is just amazing! the kickstand works portrait and landscape. no need for home media dock now ;) saves me some cash! lol

And i will say UD is coming to the Thunderbolt! i will work my ass off with BD's help and a few others to make it happen! probably without sense for first release but hoopefully can get it added back in eventually. bc remember, it wont be froyo sense.... it will be gingerbread with sense hopefully lol, but atleast gb on tbolt :) :blackdroid:
Search tags for this page
bult thunder

thunder bult

tunder bolt