Ud miui?

EddyBalls

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm not a noob and I know how to handle my droid. But I have been away from this forum for some time due to work and school. I get back and I'm reading about UD MIUI. So far these screenshots have catched my interests. they look sweet. Now, how would I come across getting this custom UI rom? I'm expecting it's a theme for UD. Can anyone explain to me please or perhaps link me to a proper thread? Thanks in advanced. Cheers :)

mkjellgren

Reaction score
UD and MIUI are very different roms...I suppose there may be a MIUI theme or icon pack for UD but this is the first I've heard of such thing and I can assure you there is no rom out there called UD MIUI...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
EddyBalls

EddyBalls

Reaction score
Hmmm...I know I found that someone was using this term. And thank you for your replies. I am well aware that UD MIUI would not exist, and I too suspected it to be maybe like a theme pack or something. But in any case, any body mind helping me with this MIUI business? It looks pretty sweet and I thought I'd check it out.

MarkY3130

Reaction score
You'd probably have better luck in the miui section. Anyway, I've tried miui but ended up going back to UD the next day. (As happens with all roms I try) Its too iphoneish and the only way I could use it was to use launcherpro as the launcher to hide this. The rom rebooted randomly a time or too but it has a few nice touches such as the lock screen, icons, messaging app, and notification pull down. Try it and see if you like it, but I bet you come back to UD.

crazyjoker2

Reaction score
I demos MIUI for a bit. Totally different kind of rom that for sure. Try it out and back it up. Tru UD 2.5 and back it up, that way you can load either one. My favorite is UD 2.5 with Redmanx theme. Try the one's that catch your eye!

you_scrubb

Reaction score
@mark. Have u tried sourcery and if so did u like it better than the newest us? Or anyone else.

Sent from my Sourcery

OP
EddyBalls

EddyBalls

Reaction score
i see. thanks for the input Mark. i will definitely try out MIUI. i've seen it, and i've actually been attracted by it. but i've also read about bugs and stuff, but you never know til you try it right? i'm actually on LFY right now and i was on UD before. UD was def my fav out of all. now does UD have a theme like that of MIUI? because i've seen guys say they're on said-rom, with a theme on it backed up with a MIUI theme on TOP of the theme for the rom.

OP
EddyBalls

EddyBalls

Reaction score
@mark. Have u tried sourcery and if so did u like it better than the newest us? Or anyone else.

Sent from my Sourcery

oh and excuse my blindness, but i've also been seeing this "sourcery" stuff. you think you can elaborate on this for me man? i hate going on vacation because i miss out on so much. i'm like trying to take everything in at once.

ballmore

Reaction score

Sent from my Sourcery

The Sourcery Rom is very much worth checking out and possibly staying with for a while. The rom just recently released on Christmas day exclusively for the O.G. Droid 1. To me it is up there in the top 3 roms made for the Droid 1. Eagle and Gflam added a lot of features/magic that other roms don't have. They added transparent widgets and stock apps. They added a scrollable contacts widget that is killer. They added........ a lot of magic. lol
One of the neatest things about Sourcery rom is the fact that it has a built in update/theme/fixes manager. When it is time to update the rom you just go into the settings menu.... When you want to try a new theme you just go into the settings menu..... When you have an issue with the rom you contact Eagle and Gflam through there website or IRC chat room and they will send you a fix that you can activate and run right from your settings menu. You don't have to plug into the computer for any of that. I could go on for an hour or so about how cool the rom is but that would hold you guys up from checking it out for yourselfs. Go to there page or website and download the rom. The links are below. If you have any questions then hit me up. I beta tested the rom and whenever I have the time I hang out on there IRC chat site so I should be able to help.

Sourcery ROM - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

http://www.sourceryrom.com/

ballmore

Reaction score
And as far as the original post. I want to qoute what a lot of people was saying when MIUI first came out.
"If you want something that looks like an Iphone then go and buy an Iphone!"

It's a good rom. I just don't like how it trys to be like the Iphone. I had it on one of my phones for less than 24 hours before I did a Nandroid back to The Ultimate Droid. A lot of people like the rom though. The beauty of having a rooted Android phone is that you can try out all of the roms (make backups before hand) and decide for yourself what rom is best. Enjoy.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
And as far as the original post. I want to qoute what a lot of people was saying when MIUI first came out.

It's a good rom. I just don't like how it trys to be like the Iphone. I had it on one of my phones for less than 24 hours before I did a Nandroid back to The Ultimate Droid. A lot of people like the rom though. The beauty of having a rooted Android phone is that you can try out all of the roms (make backups before hand) and decide for yourself what rom is best. Enjoy.

take it as it says.... looks like an iphone.... thats all.... d1 with miui and iphones are completely different in many ways.... plus you can change pretty much everything on the rom including the menus and customize to your liking with a very fast theme manager

i like UD and MIUI but after many many issues with UD recently I switched to MIUI... i'm currently on miui 1.7 which isnt the latest build.... its very fast and everything works as it should.... i'm not going to sit there with my phone for hours figuring why wifi or the market doesnt work so i'm sticking with a build that has been working perfect... as new features come out i'll be looking for the next best STABLE build whether its UD or MIUI.... its all about what you prefer

ZaChYmO

Reaction score
I

:-D Well I have 2 say, who doesn't like d Iphone UI?? The only reason why Android is so big is its Divarsity! With MIUI u get d IPhone Wth no restrictions! U can take away, add and do anything with it enjoying its speed and beauty!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App