Ud frg83d??

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
UD 2.5 is supposed to release tomorrow - chances are it will be based on the new build with the updated Market and Google Apps

luigi90210

Reaction score
UD 2.5 is supposed to release tomorrow - chances are it will be based on the new build with the updated Market and Google Apps
I thought ud was built off 2.2.1 code like every other rom there is for the droid og

Don't believe the build.prop file because that can say anything you want it to

Sent from my ever changing Droid

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought ud was built off 2.2.1 code like every other rom there is for the droid og
It is built off of 2.2.1 - we are discussing Build Numbers, not Android Versions - UD 2.4 is Build Number FRG22D - I would expext UD 2.5 to be Build Number FRG83D

PearlMikeJam

Reaction score
It is built off of 2.2.1 - we are discussing Build Numbers, not Android Versions - UD 2.4 is Build Number FRG22D - I would expext UD 2.5 to be Build Number FRG83D

Wouldn't a change in Android build numbers result in a change in the full UD build number (3.0 instead of 2.5)?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
PMJ - I don't understand your question...BD gives his releases whatever number he chooses - the newest Build Number that Moto is pushing out for the Original Droid is Froyo - FRG83D - I don't see why the upcoming UD release wouldn't include this Build Update

PearlMikeJam

Reaction score
PMJ - I don't understand your question...BD gives his releases whatever number he chooses - the newest Build Number that Moto is pushing out for the Original Droid is Froyo - FRG83D - I don't see why the upcoming UD release wouldn't include this Build Update

I seem to recall most devs changing whole version numbers when something as major as a core system number changes. Given that, I wanted to make the point so everyone is not expecting FRG83D when we are not certain. If I had to guess, 2.5 will bring a few bug fixes (missing phone pop up image, etc.) and a few enhancements, but FRG83D will be UD 3. I hope I am wrong.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
...now I understand :)

My thoughts are - if it is not included then people will start receiving the "update" notification - but my thoughts are just pure speculation -

...for the record my guess is that UD 3.0 will be Gingerbread

Last edited:

devator22

Reaction score

I seem to recall most devs changing whole version numbers when something as major as a core system number changes. Given that, I wanted to make the point so everyone is not expecting FRG83D when we are not certain. If I had to guess, 2.5 will bring a few bug fixes (missing phone pop up image, etc.) and a few enhancements, but FRG83D will be UD 3. I hope I am wrong.

This isn't a major update though. The UD 2 series has all been android 2.2...I see no reason for Blackdroid to change to UD 3 until android 2.3. If you read the release notes, FRG83D is out for the Droid, is the newest source, and is only VERY minor bugfixes. If there is an update to UD tomorrow, it will either be based off FRG83D or incorporate all the fixes. At least, that's my guess.

Now, to get back to the original question of this thread, if you have a hacked bootloader, and you receive an OTA update notification, something is wrong. This could perhaps be the result of rooting the "easy way," as in using one of those apps or something to get a shell root; I'm not sure how those work or anything, so that is pure speculation. Once you root, you should never receive an OTA update from Verizon again. And while there is nothing wrong with switching ROM's to update to newer software, doing it for your reasons seems....silly? If you like UD 2.4 and it works for you, stick with it, and if you do get an update notification, it is not the ROM's fault. Just as an aside to the op, how did you root?

v941726

Reaction score
You guys have to remember that all the phones BD supports have different hardware. The dinc has had frg83 for 2 versions that I have had with the dinc. It just came out for the d1. Each frg83 will be different for each phone