UD Devs, maybe you can help. Cant connect to MY router since rooting

cnmsales

Reaction score
Have had 3 different droid 1's. All were able to connect to my router before rooting them. After rooting them they wont connect.

Just hangs on obtaining IP address and then loops.

Tried about everything. Reset router, set to static, disabled mac filtering and nothing works.

Keep in my that my own router is the only one they wont connect to. I can connect to ALL other wifi connections.

Router is a Belkin, can connect to other belkins, just not mine.

elucid

Reaction score
Have had 3 different droid 1's. All were able to connect to my router before rooting them. After rooting them they wont connect.

Just hangs on obtaining IP address and then loops.

Tried about everything. Reset router, set to static, disabled mac filtering and nothing works.

Keep in my that my own router is the only one they wont connect to. I can connect to ALL other wifi connections.

Router is a Belkin, can connect to other belkins, just not mine.

Did u wipe? I had the same issue until I wiped.

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Oh yeah, ive wiped several times.

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
what exactly are your settings on the router? upnp? wep? wpa? mac address filtering? wireless g or n? need the low down first.

lizard

Reaction score
Temporarily remove password protection on network and check. Does your phone see the router/have a signal strength reading? What rooting method did you use? This does not sound like a problem caused by rooting.

Sent from my Squidlied Droid2 using Droid Forums app.....

lizard

Reaction score
Routers only have limited number of wireless users at 1 time. Your aren't trying to conn to your router with too many devices at once are you? Did you give the neighbors your wep key?? Just asking.

Sent from my Squidlied Droid2 using Droid Forums app.....

Harrybub

Reaction score
I had a problem connecting to my home router but not the one at work even though they were both the same mfg. and model. I finally tracked it down to a setting called "WPA Algorithms". If it was set to AES I could not connect. After changing it to TKIP all was well.
Hope this helps.

HB

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys thus far guys.

My settings are currently no wep/wpa or any PW authentication.
UPNP is enabled.

Again I have changed all of these settings to TEST it.

I rooted through my computer using rdlite method.

Harry I dont think this would be it as I dont have WPA enabled but my router doesnt have this setting.

Signal strength is 100% I can select my network it then goes to connecting, then to obtaining an IP, then loops in this order.

Again this happened on 3 diff droids that I have rooted. All 3 could connect fine before rooting, and are still able to connect to all other AP's.

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Ive tried both. I work as a certified support technician on a military base supporting over 3000 computers and network. So im not new to this, LOL, Pretty much ive tried EVERYTHING. Now hoping a dev can step in a take a good look and figure out why this happened.

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Blue, that is the ONE thing I havent done, but that is a lot of work and something id really like to avoid. Id be more apt to do this if it was only one phone, but its three different rooted phones. One rooted with rsdlite, the others with ezroot. Cant be the rooting process.

lindel

Reaction score
When you reset the router, did it clear the mac address table? If it didn't, did you do that manually?

I'm thinking that if the phones will connect to other wifi sources, then the issue is the router, not the phones.