1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

UD Devs, maybe you can help. Cant connect to MY router since rooting

Discussion in 'UltimateDroid' started by cnmsales, Jan 3, 2011.

1. cnmsales

cnmsales New Member

Have had 3 different droid 1's. All were able to connect to my router before rooting them. After rooting them they wont connect.

Just hangs on obtaining IP address and then loops.

Tried about everything. Reset router, set to static, disabled mac filtering and nothing works.

Keep in my that my own router is the only one they wont connect to. I can connect to ALL other wifi connections.

Router is a Belkin, can connect to other belkins, just not mine.
  2. elucid

elucid New Member

Did u wipe? I had the same issue until I wiped.
  3. cnmsales

cnmsales New Member

Oh yeah, ive wiped several times.
  4. RafficaX

RafficaX Premium Member Premium Member Developer

what exactly are your settings on the router? upnp? wep? wpa? mac address filtering? wireless g or n? need the low down first.
  5. lizard

lizard New Member

Temporarily remove password protection on network and check. Does your phone see the router/have a signal strength reading? What rooting method did you use? This does not sound like a problem caused by rooting.

Sent from my Squidlied Droid2 using Droid Forums app.....
  6. lizard

lizard New Member

Routers only have limited number of wireless users at 1 time. Your aren't trying to conn to your router with too many devices at once are you? Did you give the neighbors your wep key?? Just asking.

7. Harrybub

Harrybub New Member

I had a problem connecting to my home router but not the one at work even though they were both the same mfg. and model. I finally tracked it down to a setting called "WPA Algorithms". If it was set to AES I could not connect. After changing it to TKIP all was well.
    Hope this helps.

HB
  8. cnmsales

cnmsales New Member

Thanks for the replys thus far guys.

My settings are currently no wep/wpa or any PW authentication.
    UPNP is enabled.

Again I have changed all of these settings to TEST it.

I rooted through my computer using rdlite method.

Harry I dont think this would be it as I dont have WPA enabled but my router doesnt have this setting.

Signal strength is 100% I can select my network it then goes to connecting, then to obtaining an IP, then loops in this order.

Again this happened on 3 diff droids that I have rooted. All 3 could connect fine before rooting, and are still able to connect to all other AP's.
  9. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

i would try a different kernel, just for the hell of it.
  10. cnmsales

cnmsales New Member

Bendy, ive tried that as well.
  11. azpilot

azpilot New Member

If you go into settings are you set for DHCP or Static. If you put in Static does it connect?
  12. cnmsales

cnmsales New Member

Ive tried both. I work as a certified support technician on a military base supporting over 3000 computers and network. So im not new to this, LOL, Pretty much ive tried EVERYTHING. Now hoping a dev can step in a take a good look and figure out why this happened.
  13. BlueSami

BlueSami New Member

how bout unrooting and trying it again?
  14. cnmsales

cnmsales New Member

Blue, that is the ONE thing I havent done, but that is a lot of work and something id really like to avoid. Id be more apt to do this if it was only one phone, but its three different rooted phones. One rooted with rsdlite, the others with ezroot. Cant be the rooting process.
  15. lindel

lindel New Member

When you reset the router, did it clear the mac address table? If it didn't, did you do that manually?

I'm thinking that if the phones will connect to other wifi sources, then the issue is the router, not the phones.
  16. RafficaX

RafficaX Premium Member Premium Member Developer

i would turn mac address off and reset the router to stock settings and try that. and if you connect adjust your features one at a time and see which is causing an issue. bc this is definitely the router and not the phones.
  17. t3hSteve

t3hSteve New Member

I have the same problem you (and I'm sure a lot of other people) have, and bad news.

The WLAN drivers for the 2.6.32 kernel are a LOT more buggy than the drivers for 2.6.29. TI made a lot of changes between versions and the WEP/WPA implementation seems a lot less robust in the new version. If you watch kmsg while the phone is trying to connect I bet you're going to see a bunch of errors from the WLAN driver in there (assuming the driver was built to display debug messages, most I've seen are).

If you want you could post a snippet from running tail on /proc/kmsg (or just run dmesg) while you try to connect to your router. There'll probably be a bunch of messages from the TIWLAN driver, possibly saying things like parse errors etc.

Unfortunately I don't have a solution other than to use a different router. I have good luck with a Linksys WRT400N. Some builds of the driver are less buggy (I've seen a bunch of kernels with older versions of the driver), but even the one that google shipped with 2.2 is still not that solid and I've had problems with. Sometimes rebooting the router fixed the problem for awhile for me but it's still not 100%.
  18. lizard

lizard New Member

If you re-flash, use another sbf. Sounds like maybe it's corrupted.

19. cnmsales

cnmsales New Member

I would like to try the MAC address change as I really think this is key to the issue because even when I wipe and reinstall it still shows the AP as a remembered one. Unfourtunately my router does not have an option to change the LAN mac address and nothing I can find to clear out the MAC tables.
  20. microsnook

microsnook New Member

My moms droid 1 is having the same issue. My D2 and sisters INC connect with no issues.