UD Bugs 3.1

Discussion in 'UltimateDroid' started by xxnonamexx, Mar 11, 2011.

1. GigaSlackr

GigaSlackr New Member

Ratings:
    +0

What Theme Chooser app???

Also for all of the people having a problem not receiving messages, or the phone not ringing I had the same problem, but I was able to fix it. What I did was format data and cache, then restore the Nand backup of the rooted stock firmware (I did a advanced Nand backup right after I rooted it for the first time, before I ever installed my first custom rom). I rebooted the phone and let it fully boot up. Then I rebooted to recovery again, format data and cache again, then installed UD 3.1.0. This solved all of my message problems. I am not sure if this was actually what fixed it, or just a coincidence, but it worked for me. Ultimate Droid 3.1.0 is running smooth now. Definetly worth all the trouble.

#13 GigaSlackr, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  2. PearlMikeJam

PearlMikeJam Member

Ratings:
    +0
    BT voice dialing is not working correctly. When I use it with an ear piece or car, the voice screen comes up on my OG Droid, but I do not get the prompts in the ear piece or through the car radio. I think this is a GB 2.3.3 thing, but was curious if anyone else has this issue.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

3. WarJorge

WarJorge New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There are no predictive words on the onscreen keyboard for me. Only uses words that are somehow in your phone, like contact names

4. jev

jev Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Can't mount usb through notification pulldown. It just re-flows when chosen. Hot reboot just stays on running comand.

5. wierdo124

wierdo124 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I came here to post what jev did about Hot Reboot in settings not working

6. LadyAngler

LadyAngler Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    That happened to me on 3.0.1 as well. Unplug usb and replug fixed for me.

7. tjs

tjs Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had a problem with gmail.
    Fixed by restoring in titanium backup.
    Alot of notification / ring tones are missing. Actually they are they are there but not working.Tried install with full wipe, still no good.

8. v941726

v941726 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    been having that market issue i think since the 2.3.4 market app came out. i think its a market problem. also it starts installing your apps for you whether you want it to or not. have to jump through a lot of hoops to get it not to

9. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have any of the aforementioned bugs. I don't get this. How is it that if we're using the same phone some of you can have these bugs but I don't? And this has been the case with UD 3.0 and 3.0.1 (and every other GB ROM from other devs). To those of you with bugs, are you wiping before installing? And when I say "wiping" I don't mean selecting "wipe data/cache" when installing through ROM Manager (because selecting that doesn't actually wipe everything that needs to be wiped before installing).

Try this: Put the zip on your SD card. Reboot directly into ClockworkMod recovery (don't use ROM Manager). Select "wipe data/factory reset." Next go to Partitions Menu and select "Format Boot." Once that's done, select "Format System." Now go to Advanced and select "Clear Dalvik Cache." Now repeat everything above a second and then third time. I do everything three times to make sure no "leftovers" from previous ROMs stick around. Then choose the zip from your SD card. I even do all of this wiping before restoring a backup and as a result I have very few bugs. And if you use Titanium Backup, DON'T RESTORE ANY SYSTEM APPS.

Trust me, take the time to completely wipe everything multiple times and you won't have to take the time to deal with multiple bugs.

10. cujo6801

cujo6801 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    this is so funny I was just thinking the same thing,I never have the same issue that everybody else has....because I do it the same way as you....people try this it works

11. B-boy™

B-boy™ Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Ditto on the no bugs.... never have. But i do my installs the same way..... :)

12. bikevision

bikevision New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    twice now i have gotten stuck in a boot loop after everything was up up and running. first time was after installing nexus red theme. i didnt know about the theme chooser and thought i had to reboot to get it to work and it got stuck in a boot loop. the second time i was using wireless tether and then lost my internet for some reason. this would happen before 3.1 and rebooting would fix it. so i rebooted and it got stuck in boot loop again. had to do a full wipe and reinstall again. now im afraid to reboot.