Ud alert!!!!

Pisceincarnate

Reaction score
This just in from ultimate droid on Facebook!!!!

"So far with the Droid X I have everything on it working, but it will only boot once. I'm going to have to make some changes to the method that is used to hijack the boot process because of the locked bootloader but as soon as I get that worked out we will have a fully working gingerbread on the X and what I have now is FAR ahead of what anyone else has. No one else has even got gingerbread to boot
on the DX yet."

wmedina1991

Reaction score
If this is true im gonna poop my pants!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

miketoasty

Reaction score
Wow I am so glad I get to eat my words as this sounds to me like it will be one of the best ROMs to come to our phones.

OP
P

Pisceincarnate

Reaction score
It's very true. He posted this on his wall about UD 3.0 on the D1. Several people where griping about the DX and he spilled the beans.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

palindrome

Reaction score
Im one of them, but again, only to get results:) ..so whats the boot prob all about? 2.5 boots fine as long as you choose a boot animation in settings once it is running.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Right...And I got iOS4 to boot on my Droid 2 LOL. j/k

Last edited:
OP
P

Pisceincarnate

Reaction score
Dude, no one even acknowledge Mikey. This is Black Droid where talking about...

mikeyinid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sorry, didn't mean to be a thread wrecker. Just outta curiosity though, is this the same black droid that couldn't get froyo to work on the X/2? now he has gb working? No disrespect to the black droid, but I think he should have finished froyo before moving on to gb. If he does have a real gb rom, not a hybrid, booting on the x, AWESOME.

Sent from my DROID2

OP
P

Pisceincarnate

Reaction score
He apparently just moved onto gingerbread and repaired the remaining errors on gingerbread. Keep in mind he doesn't get a paycheck for this. So he isn't going to fix it then turn around and fix it again on a different version. Paychecks make a lot of difference. Trust me.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry, didn't mean to be a thread wrecker. Just outta curiosity though, is this the same black droid that couldn't get froyo to work on the X/2? now he has gb working? No disrespect to the black droid, but I think he should have finished froyo before moving on to gb. If he does have a real gb rom, not a hybrid, booting on the x, AWESOME.

Sent from my DROID2

+1 to all the above :)

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
He apparently just moved onto gingerbread and repaired the remaining errors on gingerbread. Keep in mind he doesn't get a paycheck for this. So he isn't going to fix it then turn around and fix it again on a different version. Paychecks make a lot of difference. Trust me.

I'm pretty sure the rest of the dev's don't get paychecks for putting out custom ROM's for us.

Now I'm the same as Mikey when I say I mean no disrespect. As a matter of fact, from what I

know, black droid is pretty much one of the best. But he's not doing anything that any other

dev isn't doing themselves.

Last edited:

azndan2

Reaction score
Cvpcs didn't finish froyo before moving into gingerbread eithsr. It's not that big of a deal.

Also, if you check out the ultimate droid website, you'll see that development for all the other phones has moved on to gingerbread. It wouldn't really make sense to develop gingerbread for all those phones but stay on froyo for the dx.

What is most puzzling to me is why black droid develops on so many different devices. Isn't that tiring lol?

CHP

Reaction score
Cvpcs didn't finish froyo before moving into gingerbread eithsr. It's not that big of a deal.

Also, if you check out the ultimate droid website, you'll see that development for all the other phones has moved on to gingerbread. It wouldn't really make sense to develop gingerbread for all those phones but stay on froyo for the dx.

What is most puzzling to me is why black droid develops on so many different devices. Isn't that tiring lol?

All of this. He didn't finish GB on the X most likely BECAUSE he had so many devices to dev for. That's why cvpcs moved to CM, because he felt like it was becoming a job and wasn't enjoying it anymore so he pulled the plug. So, I'd cut BD some slack and let him take his time. I'm not doubting that he'll get a GB ROM out for the X. dancedroid