UD 9 is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

illmatic636

Reaction score
I agree:)

Should be midnight tomorrow. lol. Yes Bored.

Update me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!dancedroid

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've been kinda out of the loop the past couple days and haven't followed all the latest as usual.... what is the latest about UDv9.0??? and what is the reason for the delay??...just asking.:)

Reaction score
Love the crap out of this mod :) Can't wait for the flash / video recording issue to be fixed because that's pretty much all I know is wrong! Thanks for all the work you guys, it makes owning my Droid like 10x better!

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've been kinda out of the loop the past couple days and haven't followed all the latest as usual.... what is the latest about UDv9.0??? and what is the reason for the delay??...just asking.:)

The standard stuff. BD says it's coming out "tonight" and then a week later or so it just appears. Good hype builder that BD.

Rsswga

Reaction score
Love the crap out of this mod :) Can't wait for the flash / video recording issue to be fixed because that's pretty much all I know is wrong! Thanks for all the work you guys, it makes owning my Droid like 10x better!

never had any problems with flash that I know of..but the video is screwy sometimes..requires restart for the camera/video app

Rsswga

Reaction score
midnight tonight??

Midnight tonight already happened. Here on E.S.T. (eastern standard time) it was 15 hours and 41 minutes ago :)

Come to think of it, is the phrase "midnight tonight" even logical? lol

Bored and being a smartass.. sorry.

Should be midnight tomorrow. lol. Yes Bored.

Update me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!dancedroid

BORED ... hell yea...spend a day in my shoes..work is slow

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is why I hate ROM update releases. So much hype, I get all ready for it, and 2 days later its still not out. I can't wait to see the changelog, but now-a-days I just sit back and relax pretending there is no hype haha... I'll start a thread later called "UD9 coming today!"

warrior21

Reaction score
This is why I hate ROM update releases. So much hype, I get all ready for it, and 2 days later its still not out. I can't wait to see the changelog, but now-a-days I just sit back and relax pretending there is no hype haha... I'll start a thread later called "UD9 coming today!"
Hopefully the next update will work on my phone. I tried at least a dozen times and never got past the 'M' logo with UD8. I haven't had that issue with UD in a long time.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Remember people - blackdroid's droid is jacked up and he has to have the rom tested by others. This takes more time. I do know that the poor guy got a touch of food poisoning yesterday which could be the cause of this delay.

OP
hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
As excited as i to am waiting UD9 I know most likely I wont be able to try it out until friday anyway, during the week with work I just would not have the time, I hate to going threw all the motions installing the new rom & apps then get interupted, I like to have time to get it all done in one shot...

Reaction score
Remember people - blackdroid's droid is jacked up and he has to have the rom tested by others. This takes more time. I do know that the poor guy got a touch of food poisoning yesterday which could be the cause of this delay.

It's one thing for users to come on a forum and pressure themers and devs for future releases arbitrarily (such as a lot of users were doing to chevyno1 about SS4.8 over in his section). That's just either impatient people not realizing how much work is involved in theme/ROM development, or overly enthusiastic users just wanting new tech, again, not considering the hard work the devs and themers do. Plus you have to consider most of these themers/devs have other jobs/families/life that need attention as well.

It's another for a dev to say he is going to release a ROM "tomorrow" as BD did in his "Development Update" thread on 9/19/10 regarding UD9, and then not deliver. Or promise a Flash fix on 9/2/10 for UD8 and not come through as well. The problems BD is having with his Droid are not factors, since he mentioned he was having "major issues" on the "Development Update" thread; if he was having Droid problems then, he should not have promised a release of UD9 "tomorrow."

And as far as the stomach ailment is concerned, my thoughts and best wishes go out to BD, but when you make a commitment, sometimes you just got to "DROID UP!"

As far as causes for the delay of UD9, I did notice some problems over on the blackdroid site (with Shoutbox, etc.), so maybe he's dealing with that. Or, maybe his foray into development of ROMs for other devices other than the Droid 1 is taking up more time than he originally thought.

Bottom line:

Users, we need to quit being impatient and let these guys do their work and support them with donations. Not that they demand donations, they DESERVE them.

Devs/themers, don't write a check your rump can't cash!!

relentive

Reaction score
My 2 cents on that matter is that BD won't release a ROM until it's ready. Yes, things may be on schedule and on-track for the set release date, but at last minute when undergoing more testing BD and other testers may run into unexpected problems. Everyone here knows BD doesn't make crap. I'd rather wait a few extra days and even a week or two if it means more stability when I'm using my phone. We've got previous stable versions to keep us occupied until the next release. If you're sick of waiting and are impatient, then make your own ROM. It's not like we've been promised by Google or some other major company a product that hasn't been released. Even then, you could end up waiting for a game that was promised years ago....Gran Turismo.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I do know that the poor guy got a touch of food poisoning yesterday which could be the cause of this delay.

My wifi works in the bathroom! dancedroid

I havent been disappointed by any of BD's ROMs. They are worth the wait. I know we get them for free, and the dev's all make them because they enjoy them, yadda, yadda, yadda.
That being said, an update would be nice if there were delays, then MAYBE we could avoid the inevitable 5000000000000000000000000000000000 posts, all asking, "When is the update coming?????"

Just my $0.02
While waiting, I've flashed 2 different ROMs, and will probably give SS a shot before the update comes out. Its a great excuse to try someone elses work out.
Happy flashing! :icon_ banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.