UD 9.0 and blocking the 2.1 OTA Need HELP!!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by huskur, Apr 4, 2010.

1. huskur

huskur Well-Known Member

Ok guys. I have a different issue that i haven't came across on any threads discussed. I made a new thread so my post would not get lost in the UD9 issues threads. Sorry but i need help

Went to bed last night with 60 percent battery. Woke up drained.

I am running UD9 but my phone is cotinuously downloading (trying to)the "official 2.1" ( if i go to Menu>settings>about phone> system updates) It tells me 2.1 is available and has a download button on the bottom. Every half hour or so it "trys" to download it killing the battery

Is there a way to stop it?
  2. tony1208

tony1208 New Member

go back to stock 2.0.1 with no root...
  3. huskur

huskur Well-Known Member

Has to be an easier way. Not only that but i would still be prompted since 2.1 will be showing not installed on my phone by VZW
  4. junpar

junpar New Member

Just wondering, but do you have sprecovery? Because that supposedly stops OTA updates.
  5. huskur

huskur Well-Known Member

Yes. I rooted with droidmod that supplies sprecovery and used ROM manager to install UD9 which uses clockwork recovery. I have both
  6. actngrezy

actngrezy New Member Developer

Almost had a very similar situation had a friend get a droid and bverizon put the update on i flashed phone using sbf to get him back to 2.0.1 then installed root n sprecovery which then the update came back through his phone. I continued to install bb9 and it got stuck at moto sign then restored the phone to his backup and still got stuck on moto sign so had to use sbf again and he ended up having to install update. Ive seen guys go to update then use sbf to get back to 2.0.1 then root again w no issues
    I also thought sprecovery was suppose to block any update. Im being told that he needs to wait for a root for the offical 2.1 but im no expert it seems like if you us the sbf flash then rooted and installed sprecovery again it should work like it did for others.....just a suggestion
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2010