no dice. I guess tomorrow I just get to start from scratch and go back to 7.0

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
just out of curiosity, since it's already broken.. is it the tiwlan_drv.ko that's giving me issues here?

dbuglio

Reaction score
I'm bumping this, I haven't been able to connect or even find wifi this past day. I can turn wifi on however it does not find any ap's at all.

Chevy's ULV 1.250 kernel

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Last ditch effort (because it's a pain in the butt). Reset router, no go. Just flat out unplugged the router. Came back a few minutes later and plugged it back in. Wifi works. Now if only I can get every wifi spot in the whole world tounplug and plug back in their routers..lol

antz2xplicit

Reaction score
Well the same thing was happening to me where i couldnt connect to ANY wifi, yeah it was saying i was connected but i had no conectivity.

the solution: (and i felt like a total jackazz) is so simple that i didnt even think of it...

go into your wifi settings and delete all save networks... rescan for networks.. find yours and long press it.. go to change password and look at security.. take it OFF of AUTO and put it either on WEP or WPA/WPA2 (TKIP) and put your password. Thats it. your wifi should say obtaining ip adress now. hope this helps :)

p.s this probably wont stop the rebooting because my does still from time to time.

ANTTTT

donerico

Reaction score
sonuva... ok, on a positive note, I can run Chevy's 1.2 lv. Still no wifi though. Any way I can do a backup with Titanium or Astro and then wipe everything, install UD again and get all my stuff back? Like my game data, bookmarks, shortcuts, personally themed (in the apps settings) apps?
I don't know if this is normal, however I was having problems with my first UD install so I went back to to a previous nandroid, did ONE wipe/factory reset, installed UD and just let it sync by itself for about fifteen minutes, it came back with all my apps, my MMS and phone log, even my wallpaper, all I had to set up again was my launcher pro screens ant the phone is working fantastic now. Is this normal? I though that a data wipe got rid of everything.
BTW I just installed my first custom kernel: Chevy LV 1100 and have been blown away by the speed and smoothness, also something I had not expected: it is running even cooler than the stock kernel, is that because it is LV?

hookerdj

Reaction score

hookerdj

Reaction score
chevys kernels just make a droid run very smoothly......

sonuva... ok, on a positive note, I can run Chevy's 1.2 lv. Still no wifi though. Any way I can do a backup with Titanium or Astro and then wipe everything, install UD again and get all my stuff back? Like my game data, bookmarks, shortcuts, personally themed (in the apps settings) apps?
I don't know if this is normal, however I was having problems with my first UD install so I went back to to a previous nandroid, did ONE wipe/factory reset, installed UD and just let it sync by itself for about fifteen minutes, it came back with all my apps, my MMS and phone log, even my wallpaper, all I had to set up again was my launcher pro screens ant the phone is working fantastic now. Is this normal? I though that a data wipe got rid of everything.
BTW I just installed my first custom kernel: Chevy LV 1100 and have been blown away by the speed and smoothness, also something I had not expected: it is running even cooler than the stock kernel, is that because it is LV?

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
wish I could run em buddy but my phone must have gotten no love from the circuit maker. I cannot run any Chevy kernel. My phone blows a gasket. Never tried slayher so I couldn't say on that. Hmm.. wonder what my wifes phone can do? lol Nah, I could not accept her phone being faster than mine.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
As far as wifi is concerned, alls been well since I unplugged the router for a bit and plugged it back in.

I was at Roosters (like BW3's) the other day and I connected up but could not do anything. Since I am only there about an hour a week though and get full bars 3g when I'm there, I don't care enough to troubleshoot it.

inmanster

Reaction score
UD8 Kernels

I've used UD since 5. I never had trouble with wifi till UD8. After upgrading to 8 whenever I turn on wifi my Droid 1 would reboot. After completely rebooting it would reboot again and again. The only 2 things that would stop the reboots were data wipe or nandroid restore. At that time I was running slayer's 1.2 kernel, I switched back to chevyno1's UL 1.2 and the wifi issue went away.