UD 7 or UD 8?

donerico

Reaction score
Going through these threads, a lot of people really like UD 7. Any reason someone with a D1 would go for UD7 instead of UD8?

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I did not like UD7 and I choose UD8 because it was built from FRG22D, which is the latest Froyo build. I find it to be a lot smother than UD7, IMO.

Reaction score
I started a thread on the Flash player issue with UD8, and several people are sticking with UD7 until BD can come up with a fix.

If you don't use the Flash player, UD is great. But if you use it consistently like I do, UD7 works fine.

series70

Reaction score
I can't say anything for UD7 since I haven't tried it. But I put UD8 on my droid this morning and OC'd it with a Chevy kernel and it rules. The stock theme is awesome, and it appears very stable. The only thing that force closes on me is the UD live wallpaper, but I don't really use live wallpapers anyway. UD8 is working so well at the moment, that I won't bother trying UD7.

OP
D

donerico

Reaction score
I can't say anything for UD7 since I haven't tried it. But I put UD8 on my droid this morning and OC'd it with a Chevy kernel and it rules. The stock theme is awesome, and it appears very stable. The only thing that force closes on me is the UD live wallpaper, but I don't really use live wallpapers anyway. UD8 is working so well at the moment, that I won't bother trying UD7.

Thank you for all the answers. Will it have the stock theme when I install UD or do I have to get it separately?

series70

Reaction score

Thank you for all the answers. Will it have the stock theme when I install UD or do I have to get it separately?

It will have it when you install. in the UD settings you can mess around with it to tweak it just a bit more.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
love ud8, no flash problems, ud7=update notification for the ota every other day for me...ud8 made it go away.

droidinmind

Reaction score
UD 6 runs so smooth on my D1 with Chevy 1200 kernel. Nothing else works for me!!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
love ud8, no flash problems, ud7=update notification for the ota every other day for me...ud8 made it go away.
UDv8.0 does have flash issues with certain flash content... you just haven't run into the content that has the slurred audio.... that being said, for me most of the flash does work, just can't stream local radio station's live streams, as well as certain other content here and there...