UD 3.2 again......

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
On his FB posts 3.2 should be uploaded soon. That was last Monday and today another release 3.2 should be up soon. Why post ETAs if they don't come out? When it is released it will be released.

Anathema

Reaction score
On his FB posts 3.2 should be uploaded soon. That was last Monday and today another release 3.2 should be up soon. Why post ETAs if they don't come out? When it is released it will be released.

Well the easy, most likely answer would be something came up.

The longer, less likely, but still possible answer would be that it's known threads like this will be created after a ETA is announced which will garner replies and page views which means more people are going to read it -> more people will try the rom -> more people will like it (in theory) which will give a higher chance for a donation.

sline-dawg

Reaction score
It's all relative...some people think soon is 10 minutes.... I think my taxes are due soon....;)

DeeMat

Reaction score
I read the post on FB and came here to see if one of these threads had popped up - I guess it worked.

Reaction score
"Soon" doesn't mean "now" it means "sometime in the near future" everybody interprets that differently.

DeeMat

Reaction score
Soon means "in the near future" and with future meaning "somethings that is to come hereafter", then all one can do is wait.

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
ultimatedroid Ultimate Droid

No nightly today. 3.2.0 in testing and should be released very soon.

Please tell where that says it will be released? Key Word... SHOULD!! This needs to end already. Statement was made to inform you all that 3.2 should be released soon, soon = today, tomorrow or the day after or this week. If bugs are found, they need to be fixed. An update on what we expect is not an eta. So please stop taking things as you please and blowing them up on what you feel is being said compared to what is actually written. its not for donations or anything. lets people make new backups and get there phone ready for an update. nothing more, nothing less.

Thach

Reaction score
ultimatedroid Ultimate Droid

No nightly today. 3.2.0 in testing and should be released very soon.

Please tell where that says it will be released? Key Word... SHOULD!! This needs to end already. Statement was made to inform you all that 3.2 should be released soon, soon = today, tomorrow or the day after or this week. If bugs are found, they need to be fixed. An update on what we expect is not an eta. So please stop taking things as you please and blowing them up on what you feel is being said compared to what is actually written. its not for donations or anything. lets people make new backups and get there phone ready for an update. nothing more, nothing less.

Well said. In this day people are expecting instant gratification for everything. Regardless of he has said "soon" before or not, things happen that could hinder the progress and make the time line change. I would rather see BD keep saying soon and release a product that is worth while, than to release something premature. I would rather have the update of soon then hear nothing at all for a while.

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Exactly ^^

And the only reason it was delayed before was of working on the ThunderBolt rom. Still working on it but worked on 3.2 for others phones still.

nokturnihs

Reaction score
Like many, I used to tote around a blackberry as my weapon of choice.

"coming soon" was a term used by many developers for products, I used it myself.

Skyfire web browser was a good example, because it said coming soon for months. I had a blackberry for almost four years. I switched to android before it was ever released and I believe it was coming soon for the majority of a year if not longer.

Before complaining about release dates and posts made by developers stating that a project is near release please be grateful that you are getting something you want within the timeframe of your carrier contract. These particular developers don't sell their products, but do accept donations. Instead of complaining, think about donating to the hard working people who make it possible. Also, these developers do their magic with the concept of making your android experience better. They are not doing this to get rich, just because they are good people.

We are lucky to have these people and as far as I am concerned even if a release date is late, the release has bugs, they tell me I smell funny, i'll always be grateful to them and look at them like heroes for a cause.
I'm excited too and love that they are even continuing to build ultimate droid. You could try sourcery rom, oh wait - those users of sourcery no longer have a release date to be impatient for.

We are blessed with these guys.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

nokturnihs

Reaction score
Oh and I agree with you on the instant gratification comment thach.
My opinion is that if you want instant gratification, get an iPhone. I myself prefer power over pretty (simple/basic)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Come on people, the worst thing a developer could do is premature releasezation.
Forcing out a release only to have users encounter tons of issues, perhaps causing some to give up on UD, especially first timers.
Developers want as many people as possible to try out their ROM.
Tons of issues decreases that likelihood, as reading a bunch of posts about bugs galore will more than likely dissuade some from flashing or they disregard the posts mentioned, flash the ROM and encounter those problems. Causing the user to turn away from UD. All because a ROM that wasn't ready was forced out to assuage the publics craving for said newest iteration.

How bout we sit and chill like a bunch of little Fonzies. What does Fonzie do? He keeps cool.

UD will release another version when it meets his final approval.
Proving yet again that perfect can, in fact, be improved upon.

As for Sourcery, it needs nothing more as it is awesome, as is. All previous users still help first timers out, and it isn't GB, so there are no kinks that need further working on.
No need to knock on the Sourcerers.
This is a thread about the UD release. And our exuberance regarding that. But if you have not noticed, it seems there are a number of forums in the customs sections which have been MIA regarding support and even existing for that matter, much longer than some now in the archived section.

Can't wait to see what BD drops.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

Status
Not open for further replies.