UD 3.0.0 RC - 7 Devices - Droid 1 is RC2 Now!

llt_droid

Reaction score
Just trying this out, but I seem to be missing the UD settings? Might have to try again when the camera gets fixed.

To get to UD Settings you need to long press on the Search button at the bottom. It will bring up a menu with Settings as one of the options. Select that and UD Settings are in the Commands, Special and About.

llt_droid

Reaction score
Very much so. Ran it all day, and one reboot and few force closes with a few apps. No big deal. Battery killer though.

I actually found my battery life to be a little better and my temp way lower than it's been on previous 3.0 versions.

neilrl79

Reaction score
Just trying this out, but I seem to be missing the UD settings? Might have to try again when the camera gets fixed.

To get to UD Settings you need to long press on the Search button at the bottom. It will bring up a menu with Settings as one of the options. Select that and UD Settings are in the Commands, Special and About.

You can also get to it by clicking the settings app icon in the app drawer.

kr0n

Reaction score
MAJOR ISSUE: I went to run a restore using my backup pro. It gave me an error that it couldnt access my sd card. I then go to do a nandroid restore but it gives me an error 25! I can't restore any of my nandroid backups after installing this rom!

aldeghij

Reaction score
Crap, i'm getting redraws all of a sudden.... Worked perfectly all morning, but getting laggy now. Anyone else having this? Like i hit the app drawer and it turns black and hangs for about 10 seconds before apps show up.

JustisLewis

Reaction score
That nandroid error code means you have your backup w/in too many subfolders. The backup path must be this: /sdcard/nandroid/(name of backup). Did you make subfolders for your nandroid folder?
MAJOR ISSUE: I went to run a restore using my backup pro. It gave me an error that it couldnt access my sd card. I then go to do a nandroid restore but it gives me an error 25! I can't restore any of my nandroid backups after installing this rom!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
That nandroid error code means you have your backup w/in too many subfolders. The backup path must be this: /sdcard/nandroid/(name of backup). Did you make subfolders for your nandroid folder?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

not necessarily. I've had the 25 error with no subfolders, just the nandroid folder. usually a couple of restarts or a reseating of the SD card fixes it.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Question:
Installed RC 2 but in the info it says RC 1, can anyone confirm that RC 2 still says 1 under info in ud settings.
Huge fan of UD but this has bee like getting a square peg through a round hole.
I have probably hit fix permissions more times than I hit the bong during college.
Wiped like a madman and ran the caulkin format script and reboot recov and did again.
Would not allow titanium to install and if so only one item before soft reboot.
setcpu got su permissions and then suddenly it now says can't find root.
also had to get setcpu and rommanager installed by some macgyvering big time.
since they would not install from the market and instead cause soft boot, i had to install as system apps and setcpu does not seem to jibe well with this.
Has anyone else run into this item?
And the market not allowed to install certain apps or titanium not being allowed.
And finally, I see spare parts is in the system but not as runable app stand alone, where can I access?
anyone....anyone....bueller

Thanks for any help
From the law offices of danceswithbongs

llt_droid

Reaction score
Question:
Installed RC 2 but in the info it says RC 1, can anyone confirm that RC 2 still says 1 under info in ud settings.
I have probably hit fix permissions more times than I hit the bong during college.
Wiped like a madman and ran the caulkin format script and reboot recov and did again.
since they would not install from the market and instead cause soft boot, i had to install as system apps and setcpu does not seem to jibe well with this.
And the market not allowed to install certain apps or titanium not being allowed.
And finally, I see spare parts is in the system but not as runable app stand alone, where can I access?

Thanks for any help

I didn't see any of those issues. The last several ROM updates, I've skipped restoring from Market and have just installed Titanium from Market then restored other apps from its backup. But I had no problem at all with the Market.
From what I've read on the forum, you can get Spare Parts from the Market as well.
And, yes, under Info it does still say RC1 although it's 2.

Rodeojones

Reaction score
Mine also says it's RC1 even though the link I clicked in the OP as well as the zip I flashed in ClockworkMod said RC2. I just figured this was a clerical error.

I had to go back to 2.5, though. The ROM itself ran fine, but it killed my battery. I went from 80% to 20% in half an hour. I can't wait to try out the final release.

jawa6969

Reaction score
Question:

Thanks for any help

I didn't see any of those issues. The last several ROM updates, I've skipped restoring from Market and have just installed Titanium from Market then restored other apps from its backup. But I had no problem at all with the Market.
From what I've read on the forum, you can get Spare Parts from the Market as well.
And, yes, under Info it does still say RC1 although it's 2.

What do you do to stop the app auto restoration process? Just curious. I imagine not signing in to Google at the beginning? But then would you have access to the market?

I would have went the process of using Titanium but upon first boot of most these ROMS, the apps start a lengthy and numbingly slow (even on WiFi) restoration process. I am rambling. How does one stop the auto-restoration process and still have access to the market?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Mine also says it's RC1 even though the link I clicked in the OP as well as the zip I flashed in ClockworkMod said RC2. I just figured this was a clerical error.

I had to go back to 2.5, though. The ROM itself ran fine, but it killed my battery. I went from 80% to 20% in half an hour. I can't wait to try out the final release.

Did the battery really go down that much or did the battery meter accuracy just suck? If you drained that much battery power that quickly, I think the phone would be too hot to handle. Most likely the battery meter accuracy got "whacked" and was totally incorrect. If that happens again, check the mV reading in Spare Parts. Rough guide is 100% = >4150mV and <5% = approx. 3550mV. Just some food for thought.

If it's the battery meter, you can help it out some times by doing the following: In Terminal Emulator go to data>system>and delete batterystats.bin after you've charged your phone to 100%. This will help with battery meter accuracy.

Good luck.

llt_droid

Reaction score
What do you do to stop the app auto restoration process? Just curious. I imagine not signing in to Google at the beginning? But then would you have access to the market?

I would have went the process of using Titanium but upon first boot of most these ROMS, the apps start a lengthy and numbingly slow (even on WiFi) restoration process. I am rambling. How does one stop the auto-restoration process and still have access to the market?

Right. I skipped the initial logon to Google, then when I open Market, it comes up with some blurb about seeing this once, I cancel from that, log in and am able to just search for Titanum and download it. Then restored from my Titanium. I know the restoration from the market is so painfully slow, that's why I began bypassing it.