UD 2 update on 11/17/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
UD1 was the first rom I installed on my droid. Before that I just ran the stock ROM unrooted. Since then I have tried ten or fifteen different ROMS and the funny thing is I keep comparing them with UD. None of them seem to stack up against UD in terms of speed, user custimzation and features. Eagerly awaiting the UD2 update. Thanks for all the hard work Blackdroid!

donerico

Reaction score
Plus one on that folks... True story... (mostly when the 'bugs' are not happening for everyone)
True about complaining, but the developers certainly need user feedback and discussion of bugs so they can improve their ROM. And there are certainly real bugs/issues in UD 2.0 or BD would not be putting out an update. UD has typically been very responsive to users concerns and that is one of the reasons his ROMs are so successful.
By the way, I am truly shocked that only 10 people have donated out of more than 8,000 downloads? This ROM really deserves to be supported!

there is a huge difference between constructive criticism, and saying things like its a crippled ROM and "I expect him to fix it"...BD always fixes problems, and as he stated he does it without much help monetarily. So for that random guy to come out of nowhere with his lame demands was dumb. as mentioned there are plenty of other ROMs out there, so he should switch to those, or make his own.

Agreed, I was not defending the rudeness of some of the comments, just don't want to discourage constructive feedback.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
True about complaining, but the developers certainly need user feedback and discussion of bugs so they can improve their ROM. And there are certainly real bugs/issues in UD 2.0 or BD would not be putting out an update. UD has typically been very responsive to users concerns and that is one of the reasons his ROMs are so successful.
By the way, I am truly shocked that only 10 people have donated out of more than 8,000 downloads? This ROM really deserves to be supported!

there is a huge difference between constructive criticism, and saying things like its a crippled ROM and "I expect him to fix it"...BD always fixes problems, and as he stated he does it without much help monetarily. So for that random guy to come out of nowhere with his lame demands was dumb. as mentioned there are plenty of other ROMs out there, so he should switch to those, or make his own.

Agreed, I was not defending the rudeness of some of the comments, just don't want to discourage constructive feedback.

yep i know, i wasnt directing that to you per se hahaa...just quoted you because your point was exactly the same as mine dancedroid

Flowah

Reaction score
I have a bug that I posted in the bug thread, but doesn't appear to have been commented on.

When using custom notification colors for each app, it doesn't matter what you set the blink rate at, it doesn't change. I've tried every individual setting and it's always the same, it basically doesn't blink. It just stays on. I think it's killing my battery.

rabbitfoot

Reaction score
true story: i was reading this thread, sick in bed, when my fiancee brought me a meat-pie omelette. as the fresh spinach and crispy red potatoes hit my tongue, i noticed the omelette blanket was torn! so i gave my fiancee a piercing stare and said "betty, i'm saying this out of love, not because i'm too lazy and incapable of making it myself, but i EXPECT you to make untorn omelette blankets-- you owe that to me. also, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, this needs some garnishes. don't think that i'm a totally inconsiderate b-hole, it's just that this omelette could be your personal monument! let's try to get this perfect, alright?".

she was pretty upset until i showed her what i was reading.

thanks for the morning entertainment, gang ;)

best,
rf

relentive

Reaction score
We should be happy that BlackDroid is providing us an update to his crippled ROM? Seriously? I think its really annoying how people are shunning people who criticize his work. If we didn't he would create a crappy, sorry excuse for a ROM. Criticism is crucial to creating a good ROM.

Now, getting back to the OP's post...I think it is his responsibility to provide a fix to this cripple ROM. I have been using Cyanogenmod 6.1 RC4 because I am so unsatisfied with UD 1 & 2. If he wants this ROM to be something, he needs to take a look at the following (which I do hope is fixed in this little "patch").

1. Fix the on-screen music controls, they are all messed up when you are in landscape mode. And no, switching to the Rotary lockscreen does NOT fix the issue.

2. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, theme the pop-up options background like you did with eXtreme 8.0.0. If you are having trouble understanding what I am talking about, picture below. Having the stock background (white on yellow selection) is just plain annoying for a ROM that seems to favor black/red coloring.

motorola_milestone_droid_messages.png

3. The bouce-back compatibility with LauncherPro's 3D launcher is something that you should take a look at as well. For some strange reason it acts just like the MIUI launcher with the inability to select applications due to the bouncing back of the apps menu.

I'm sure there are more, but here are some PERSONAL suggestions I have...
1. Create something under User Interface options that you can change the Horizontal_ProgressBar on the go. That seems to be a key thing for any theme. Many, however, are overlooked.

2.Add the "VERDANA" font to the UD extras font menu.

That's about it for right now. Awaiting the update.

How about going somewhere else and developing your own ROM? Ever think of that? How about donating? BD has the best ROM I've tried, and trust me, I've tried them all. Amazing how people think their entitled to stuff. As BD said, suggestions and comments on errors are one thing, but to simply complain and talk down to a developer as if it's their "responsibility" to fix something, WTF!? Services and products provided for FREE and yet it's their obligation to you..........WOW! :icon_evil:

cellss01

Reaction score
GohanBurner, this is supposed to be an announcement thread, not a whining/moaning thread. Blackdroid will take his time and get this fixed, and if you still don't like his fixes, there are 18 other developers just chomping at the bit to have you as a user of their ROMS.

joeyx2

Reaction score
Alright, all these comments about when the fix is gonna come is getting me excited (sarcasm). Please tell me more about when its coming out even though y'all have covered this throughout the entire post (sarcasm). O wait I'm in the update coming soon thread, let me go to the problems thread to figure out when the update will be released (and if u haven't go it by now sarcasm).

Droidee

Reaction score
UD 2 is undoubtedly the best rom with the least bugs out there. I can't believe what I am reading in this post. I have never seen such a disregard for not only an unbelievable product, but is also shared for free as well. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

This is just an observation regarding the childishness of this thread.

BD please never accept the judgement that has a teach and not can do attitude.

KhrizG35

Reaction score
UD take ur time =) donating when i get my next pay check! definitely worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.