UD 2 update on 11/17/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would donate but I don't have paypal:/ Which sucks considering I can't get LauncherPro Plus either

aDroidman

Reaction score
Can you tell me when your going to release it? Like what time today?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
We should be happy that BlackDroid is providing us an update to his crippled ROM? Seriously? I think its really annoying how people are shunning people who criticize his work. If we didn't he would create a crappy, sorry excuse for a ROM. Criticism is crucial to creating a good ROM.

Now, getting back to the OP's post...I think it is his responsibility to provide a fix to this cripple ROM. I have been using Cyanogenmod 6.1 RC4 because I am so unsatisfied with UD 1 & 2. If he wants this ROM to be something, he needs to take a look at the following (which I do hope is fixed in this little "patch").

1. Fix the on-screen music controls, they are all messed up when you are in landscape mode. And no, switching to the Rotary lockscreen does NOT fix the issue.

2. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, theme the pop-up options background like you did with eXtreme 8.0.0. If you are having trouble understanding what I am talking about, picture below. Having the stock background (white on yellow selection) is just plain annoying for a ROM that seems to favor black/red coloring.

motorola_milestone_droid_messages.png

3. The bouce-back compatibility with LauncherPro's 3D launcher is something that you should take a look at as well. For some strange reason it acts just like the MIUI launcher with the inability to select applications due to the bouncing back of the apps menu.

I'm sure there are more, but here are some PERSONAL suggestions I have...
1. Create something under User Interface options that you can change the Horizontal_ProgressBar on the go. That seems to be a key thing for any theme. Many, however, are overlooked.

2.Add the "VERDANA" font to the UD extras font menu.

That's about it for right now. Awaiting the update.

this post is a joke. whining about something given to you for free. as if he owes you a ROM or something. if you don't like it, fix it yourself or get out. can't stand whiny children.

c_hale22

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
GohanBurner said:
You must have meant Pass-time. The fact that you cannot take any creative criticism just shows your character as a developer. I didn't take a stab at you, I merely told you what was wrong and yes, I expect you to fix it. Otherwise, why are you a developer on these forums? I never said I didn't appreciate anything you did, but after being pushed and pulled for the past few months, its just annoying. Haven't you seen it in posts lately? People leaving, people always complaining? People seem to be losing faith in you. You have something great here so perfect it. Make it your personal monument. I love your ROMs more than any other developer. I do not like being stuck choosing between Cyanogenmod and UD. I like how UD has the play/pause on the camera button, how UD has removed the carrier logo bar in the status pull-down bar which saves space...just a few things to fix and its perfect.

BD said:
Ive had death in my family, been sick, and to tell you the truth have been missing many meals. When android outways my health and family, please for the love of God, kill me. I give and have given way more than has and can be expected of any developer.

BD like I have always said, I appreciate every minute that you put into this masterpiece.
Also, thanks for not getting rid of the "Overscroll Bounce".

Last edited:

hufn

Reaction score
Are there any bluetooth call fixes or changes to the call screen in the works for this next update? I'm going to donate right now. Anyone who reads this and always "thinks" about donating should just go do it right now. Seriously, NOW. Not in a few minutes. I mean, 10 donations? That's pretty weak...

UPDATE: Just donated. Easy, Paypal.

I just did as well... Great work BD. Yes, sure, there are bugs. I challenge you to find ANY program, anywhere, that has no bugs. Especially an OS.

On that note, yes, I would really like to have the LauncherPro issues fixed with the 3D, but I rarely use the drawer so not the end of the world. Actually, now that I'm back to the regular drawer I like how it stays where you left it, whereas the 3D goes back to the top...

I would like to know how to change the lock screen so the ringer change side goes from vibrate to sound and back, skipping the silent (I posted in another thread but haven't heard anything :( ) but other than that, it rocks. I fixed the camera myself, no big deal... This with the red glass is amazing...

Chickoid

Reaction score
Awesome! Always look forward to updates even if it's for things I may have fixed on my own. I appreciate the time and work BD thanks again :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is my fav ROM to the day... No issues affect me except the new phone app sucking, but I replaced that :) Go BD!

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
To everyone complaining about so called bugs, remember you are getting this for FREE, and at last count, there are 18 other developers producing ROMs as well. Feel free to move on.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
To everyone complaining about so called bugs, remember you are getting this for FREE, and at last count, there are 18 other developers producing ROMs as well. Feel free to move on.

Plus one on that folks... True story... (mostly when the 'bugs' are not happening for everyone)

c_hale22

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Good point bob

donerico

Reaction score

Plus one on that folks... True story... (mostly when the 'bugs' are not happening for everyone)
True about complaining, but the developers certainly need user feedback and discussion of bugs so they can improve their ROM. And there are certainly real bugs/issues in UD 2.0 or BD would not be putting out an update. UD has typically been very responsive to users concerns and that is one of the reasons his ROMs are so successful.
By the way, I am truly shocked that only 10 people have donated out of more than 8,000 downloads? This ROM really deserves to be supported!

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

True about complaining, but the developers certainly need user feedback and discussion of bugs so they can improve their ROM. And there are certainly real bugs/issues in UD 2.0 or BD would not be putting out an update. UD has typically been very responsive to users concerns and that is one of the reasons his ROMs are so successful.
By the way, I am truly shocked that only 10 people have donated out of more than 8,000 downloads? This ROM really deserves to be supported!

there is a huge difference between constructive criticism, and saying things like its a crippled ROM and "I expect him to fix it"...BD always fixes problems, and as he stated he does it without much help monetarily. So for that random guy to come out of nowhere with his lame demands was dumb. as mentioned there are plenty of other ROMs out there, so he should switch to those, or make his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.