UD 2 update on 11/17/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
The best part about this update is that I saw some people talking about how it would be months before the bugs were fixed and that it would be 3.0 instead and what not and not long after the release everything is being worked out for those using UD instead

the blackdroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
We should be happy that BlackDroid is providing us an update to his crippled ROM? Seriously? I think its really annoying how people are shunning people who criticize his work. If we didn't he would create a crappy, sorry excuse for a ROM. Criticism is crucial to creating a good ROM.

Now, getting back to the OP's post...I think it is his responsibility to provide a fix to this cripple ROM. I have been using Cyanogenmod 6.1 RC4 because I am so unsatisfied with UD 1 & 2. If he wants this ROM to be something, he needs to take a look at the following (which I do hope is fixed in this little "patch").

1. Fix the on-screen music controls, they are all messed up when you are in landscape mode. And no, switching to the Rotary lockscreen does NOT fix the issue.

2. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, theme the pop-up options background like you did with eXtreme 8.0.0. If you are having trouble understanding what I am talking about, picture below. Having the stock background (white on yellow selection) is just plain annoying for a ROM that seems to favor black/red coloring.

motorola_milestone_droid_messages.png

3. The bouce-back compatibility with LauncherPro's 3D launcher is something that you should take a look at as well. For some strange reason it acts just like the MIUI launcher with the inability to select applications due to the bouncing back of the apps menu.

I'm sure there are more, but here are some PERSONAL suggestions I have...
1. Create something under User Interface options that you can change the Horizontal_ProgressBar on the go. That seems to be a key thing for any theme. Many, however, are overlooked.

2.Add the "VERDANA" font to the UD extras font menu.

That's about it for right now. Awaiting the update.

Come on. really? I do this out of passion, FOR FREE, and get LESS than nothing in return (without having a job). I worked on the last rom for a month, day and night, and after all of the 8000 downloads (that i know of) have only gotten a total of 10 donations and that doesnt even begin to cover the forums cost. I dont mind people asking for things or letting me know what needs to be fixed, but no one has the right to complain.

GohanBurner

Reaction score
[quote said:
Come on. really? I do this out of passion, FOR FREE, and get LESS than nothing in return (without having a job). I worked on the last rom for a month, day and night, and after all of the 8000 downloads (that i know of) have only gotten a total of 10 donations and that doesnt even begin to cover the forums cost. I dont mind people asking for things or letting me know what needs to be fixed, but no one has the right to complain.
Passion? You must have meant Pass-time. The fact that you cannot take any creative criticism just shows your character as a developer. I didn't take a stab at you, I merely told you what was wrong and yes, I expect you to fix it. Otherwise, why are you a developer on these forums? I never said I didn't appreciate anything you did, but after being pushed and pulled for the past few months, its just annoying. Haven't you seen it in posts lately? People leaving, people always complaining? People seem to be losing faith in you. You have something great here so perfect it. Make it your personal monument. I love your ROMs more than any other developer. I do not like being stuck choosing between Cyanogenmod and UD. I like how UD has the play/pause on the camera button, how UD has removed the carrier logo bar in the status pull-down bar which saves space...just a few things to fix and its perfect.

Last edited:

the blackdroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
[quote said:
Passion? You must have meant Pass-time. The fact that you cannot take any creative criticism just shows your character as a developer. I didn't take a stab at you, I merely told you what was wrong and yes, I expect you to fix it. Otherwise, why are you a developer on these forums? I never said I didn't appreciate anything you did, but after being pushed and pulled for the past few months, its just annoying. Haven't you seen it in posts lately? People leaving, people always complaining? People seem to be losing faith in you. You have something great here so perfect it. Make it your personal monument. I love your ROMs more than any other developer. I do not like being stuck choosing between Cyanogenmod and UD. I like how UD has the play/pause on the camera button, how UD has removed the carrier logo bar in the status pull-down bar which saves space...just a few things to fix and its perfect.

Ive had death in my family, been sick, and to tell you the truth have been missing many meals. When android outways my health and family, please for the love of God, kill me. I give and have given way more than has and can be expected of any developer.

Last edited:

kenbarnum

Reaction score
Passion? You must have meant Pass-time. The fact that you cannot take any creative criticism just shows your character as a developer. I didn't take a stab at you said:
Ive had death in my family, been sick, and to tell you the truth have been missing many meals. When android outways my health and family, please for the love of God, kill me. I give and have given way more than has and can be expected of any developer.

BD,
I'm sorry that some people think they deserve your (or any rom maker's) work. You do great work and it is appreciated.
Looking forward to the update.

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
Great work BD. Even with the minor bugs (most of which dont effect me), this is the best ROM I've installed lately.

Just an idea for the next version, not even sure if its possible. But is it possible to have a toggle to change the color of sliding bars?(like volume control and stuff like that). Just an idea. That way some of us dont have to switch themes every other week to get new colors haha.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I agree updates need to be made but dude.. Gohan.. are you serious? Tell ya what, YOU make ROM that 1000's use and see how well YOU keep up with stuff. Every person with one (or more) minor issues or major are going to speak up. I don't think you realize how long it takes to make a ROM. I just theme it and I can easily put 40-80 hours in just to get it released. Then, if I missed something.. more and more hours.

BD.. I know you work hard at it and I know it takes forever. You know the issues so I am not going to repeat them. All I have is a request...Make a compilable shell so themers can get to work a bit faster. If you can't you can't. It's all good to me. I'll get it done regardless.

the blackdroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I agree updates need to be made but dude.. Gohan.. are you serious? Tell ya what, YOU make ROM that 1000's use and see how well YOU keep up with stuff. Every person with one (or more) minor issues or major are going to speak up. I don't think you realize how long it takes to make a ROM. I just theme it and I can easily put 40-80 hours in just to get it released. Then, if I missed something.. more and more hours.

BD.. I know you work hard at it and I know it takes forever. You know the issues so I am not going to repeat them. All I have is a request...Make a compilable shell so themers can get to work a bit faster. If you can't you can't. It's all good to me. I'll get it done regardless.

Im going to start releasing stock themed versions for you guys so it will be easier to theme for. I know all of the changes that I make can be kind or hard to keep up with sometiimes.

Apprazer

Reaction score
[quote said:

My man, again, relax. Please put all of this in perspective. What you have, has been given to you. Do with it what you want. If it works for you and it makes your droid experience more pleasant, than by all means use it. If not, move on to another (rom, theme, kernel, etc.), but you have no right to demand anything. People have to make all kinds of choices in life, it ain't that tough.

ZeroAlligator

Reaction score
BlackDroid,

I want to thank you for everything that you've done for the scene, your work is truly impressive. I'm sorry for your recent loss. There is a large number of people that support you and and great things that you accomplish. Please don't let the negativity of the few outweigh the appreciation of the many, there are a lot of people out there that use your ROMs exclusively (me included.) As soon as I get a job I will be re-activating my Droid 1 (turned off my Verizon service to save money for the time being) and donating to you. Every time I get to play with a new ROM I get giddy just like a kid on Christmas. Thank you.

-Mark

bdub33

Reaction score
I've been bouncing back and forth between chevys and lfy for months till I installed UD2 and haven't looked back since. The rom is slick.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

chipmunk

Reaction score
Wow some people are so inconsiderate! BD is doing amazing work!!!! His roms have minor bugs but all other roms have bugs dont they!? I've been using UD for more then a few months and i cant really complain at all! Blackdroid, keep on with your awesomeness! Really awesome job on your work!!!!

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agreed. This is the only ROM I have used. I have tried a couple of others but have never stuck with anything other than this for more than a few minutes. Although I may have to change, my droid is running extremely hot. I doubt this has anything to do with it but changing kernels isn't doing the trick so I might see if this will unfortunately. All in all, great work. By far my favorite ROM

pierced_droid

Reaction score
We should be happy that BlackDroid is providing us an update to his crippled ROM? Seriously? I think its really annoying how people are shunning people who criticize his work. If we didn't he would create a crappy, sorry excuse for a ROM. Criticism is crucial to creating a good ROM.

Now, getting back to the OP's post...I think it is his responsibility to provide a fix to this cripple ROM. I have been using Cyanogenmod 6.1 RC4 because I am so unsatisfied with UD 1 & 2. If he wants this ROM to be something, he needs to take a look at the following (which I do hope is fixed in this little "patch").

1. Fix the on-screen music controls, they are all messed up when you are in landscape mode. And no, switching to the Rotary lockscreen does NOT fix the issue.

2. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, theme the pop-up options background like you did with eXtreme 8.0.0. If you are having trouble understanding what I am talking about, picture below. Having the stock background (white on yellow selection) is just plain annoying for a ROM that seems to favor black/red coloring.

motorola_milestone_droid_messages.png

3. The bouce-back compatibility with LauncherPro's 3D launcher is something that you should take a look at as well. For some strange reason it acts just like the MIUI launcher with the inability to select applications due to the bouncing back of the apps menu.

I'm sure there are more, but here are some PERSONAL suggestions I have...
1. Create something under User Interface options that you can change the Horizontal_ProgressBar on the go. That seems to be a key thing for any theme. Many, however, are overlooked.

2.Add the "VERDANA" font to the UD extras font menu.

That's about it for right now. Awaiting the update.

He's responsible? ???? Are u frigging kidding me??? I'm pretty sure u didn't pay money for the app. And if u don't like it dont use it.

I have never seen a rom released that didn't have issues..... since every phone is different it takes time to perfect.

And u have such great suggestions so I think you should make your own ROM...... or better yet fix ud like most of us have...

Sent from my etcha-sketch

Last edited by a moderator:

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Are there any bluetooth call fixes or changes to the call screen in the works for this next update? I'm going to donate right now. Anyone who reads this and always "thinks" about donating should just go do it right now. Seriously, NOW. Not in a few minutes. I mean, 10 donations? That's pretty weak...

UPDATE: Just donated. Easy, Paypal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.