UD 2.5 kernels

cubssuck1908

Reaction score
What kernel are you rockin? I'm using slayers lfy for compcache, but its causing a lot of lag so I'm shopping for a good kernel that plays well with ud

Suggestions?

It's really hard to get good kernel suggestions as each kernel will work differently on different phones. My only advice is to download a bunch and try and see which one works best on YOUR phone from the best in terms of battery/stability/speed.

WishRyder

Reaction score
I used to use the Chevy 1.0ghz ULV kernel, but found out my issues with LauncherPro are resolved by using compcache, which unfortunately, Chevy is lacking.

In my quest for compcache, all original Slayher kernels hated my phone, but the 1.0ghz Slayher LFY was acceptable.

Still, Slayher had higher heat and lower battery life than I was comfortable with, so I moved over to P3Droid 1.0ghz LV with compcache (ramswap) and have been loving it.

Last edited:

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think you can load the ramswap zip at the bottom of p3's page to enable compcache. Also if you remove all your other launchers including the stock one you get less redraws. I did that & took my home screen count from 7 to 1 & I've never been happier.

dr2ww62

Reaction score
It's really hard to get good kernel suggestions as each kernel will work differently on different phones. My only advice is to download a bunch and try and see which one works best on YOUR phone from the best in terms of battery/stability/speed.

I can agree with this. I've done some testing using Powertutor and BatteryDog to get some facts behind my assumptions, and man can I tell you that there is no solid answer. Depending on what version of what rom I'm running, different kernal's really have affected my phone differently. With Miui 12.3 Slayer LFY was kickass. But UD 2.4 sucked with the same kernal. And now Miui 12.11 is horrible with the same kernal. I'm talking up to 8-10 hours difference, with similar usage. UD 2.5 and P3droid's low voltage kernal actually seem to mesh really well on my phone. But Sapphire was pretty bad with P3droid's kernals on my phone so..... I dunno man. It's weird because I've seen post after post of people reporting the exact opposite of what I've experienced, as well as people posting confirmation that they've gotten the same mileage as me.

Best I can say is test them all! They're all written by extremely intelligent and capable people, just gotta find the one that meshes with what you got running.

doublea500

Reaction score

I can agree with this. I've done some testing using Powertutor and BatteryDog to get some facts behind my assumptions, and man can I tell you that there is no solid answer. Depending on what version of what rom I'm running, different kernal's really have affected my phone differently. With Miui 12.3 Slayer LFY was kickass. But UD 2.4 sucked with the same kernal. And now Miui 12.11 is horrible with the same kernal. I'm talking up to 8-10 hours difference, with similar usage. UD 2.5 and P3droid's low voltage kernal actually seem to mesh really well on my phone. But Sapphire was pretty bad with P3droid's kernals on my phone so..... I dunno man. It's weird because I've seen post after post of people reporting the exact opposite of what I've experienced, as well as people posting confirmation that they've gotten the same mileage as me.

Best I can say is test them all! They're all written by extremely intelligent and capable people, just gotta find the one that meshes with what you got running.

I agree. its painless to flash roms, just go on your cpu, dl a bunch of em and put em on your sd then its mad easy to test and change and test rather then just dling em one at a time.

chadwickity

Reaction score
Yeah I have a folder full of kernels on the SD, from jdlfg, P3, chevy, Slayher (and LFY). flashed each of them for a day or two and piddled around before I settled on P3Droids. Every phone and rom is so different, it just takes patience and a little trial and error.

elucid

Reaction score
Loving the P3droid kernel with compcache. Much better battery life and runs cooler than slayer. I like chevys (prev fav), but it doesnt have compcache which makes a noticable diff for me.

NewDroidOrder

Reaction score
All devices are different, so whatever kernel works for you may be the death of someone else. Theres a ton out there, go WILD and try them all. Also some people have reported better results when using a standard/medium voltage kernel. I am going to flash this new UD 2.5.0 and see whats up.

robbienick

Reaction score
I now am using UD 2.1 back, with compcache working.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

doublea500

Reaction score
Loving the P3droid kernel with compcache. Much better battery life and runs cooler than slayer. I like chevys (prev fav), but it doesnt have compcache which makes a noticable diff for me.

how to get compache on p3?

sherpajosh

Reaction score
I am curious to know what kernels people are using with DInc. I have invisiblek-aosp #18 and it seems to work ok. The battery life is ok, it used to be really good with UD 2.0. I might test out 19 or 20. You can get invisiblek aosp kernels from here.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I had been using Slayher v1.6 kernels. I was getting great performance, but my phone kept getting laggy at times. I recently began looking for a low voltage kernel with low latency times and came.across the newest jdlfg kernels. I stayed away from those in the past as I have heard they weren't that great performing. Wow, these.new ones are.exactly what I was looking for. I have it.set up just as I did with the slayher kernel and the performance is awesome, temperatures are cool, and very very smooth overall. If you her the chance try and find the newest ones and give them a shot. They might surprise you like it.did me.