UD 2.3 Phone Fix "Here"

tee00max

Reaction score
I just pulled the two .apk's - put them in an update.zip and flashed it...not to jack the thread but I will upload it if you like

Yeah what I did was download the 11/28 nightly build, pulled the two apk's from them, extracted the UD 2.3 rar file, replaced the two apk's and then compressed it back to a .rar file and about to load it up in recovery...

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just pulled the two .apk's - put them in an update.zip and flashed it...not to jack the thread but I will upload it if you like

Yeah what I did was download the 11/28 nightly build, pulled the two apk's from them, extracted the UD 2.3 rar file, replaced the two apk's and then compressed it back to a .rar file and about to load it up in recovery...

I am going to change my answer - since the Nightlies are paid access, I am not going to upload the .apk's as it would be questionable - but since you have access to the files yourself I can easily help you get them working on your device

pull the Phone.apk and the PhoneConfig.apk and place them in the system/app folder of this update.zip tempelate and flash via recovery - let me know if you have any questions

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Would it work using astro to pull the phone.apk & phoneconfig.apk from ud 2.1.0 put them on root of sd card, then using root explorer delete those two files from in ud 2.3.0 system/app folder & replce them with the 2 from ud 2.1.0...

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Would it work using astro to pull the phone.apk & phoneconfig.apk from ud 2.1.0 put them on root of sd card, then using root explorer delete those two files from in ud 2.3.0 system/app folder & replce them with the 2 from ud 2.1.0...
No - don't do that...just place them in the update.zip I uploaded and flash it that way

....or wait for 2.4 as I am sure it will have the 2.1 phone.apk, the latest nightly release did -

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Didnt werk....i pulled the phone & phoneconfig.apk's from ud 2.1.0 file....dropped em into the system/app folder of the update template zip...im using CW so i rebooted into recovery and chose thqt zip to instal, it did its thing & rebooted, i placed a "test call" to my phne & the call answer/slider still be off center...

OP
bp328i

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Didnt werk....i pulled the phone & phoneconfig.apk's from ud 2.1.0 file....dropped em into the system/app folder of the update template zip...im using CW so i rebooted into recovery and chose thqt zip to instal, it did its thing & rebooted, i placed a "test call" to my phne & the call answer/slider still be off center...

It's the jog_tab png's from the Framework-res.apk that are the wrong size.

OP
bp328i

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
that would explain things then...

The zip in the OP only replaces the Framework-res.apk with one that has the correct size jog_tab png's. The Phone.apk is not even in the zip.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Im still a bit of a knob with most of this stuff but what i was trying to accomplish was: i flashed ur zip & it worked but i wanted the red battery icon xkape had posted on page 4 of the battery display thread, but of course as soon as i flashed xkapes zip with the red battery it would put the slider out of whack again, then i flash ur zip which would fix the slider but the red battery icon would be gone....lol.......but now even this knob understands what is going on here....finally....lol

OP
bp328i

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Im still a bit of a knob with most of this stuff but what i was trying to accomplish was: i flashed ur zip & it worked but i wanted the red battery icon xkape had posted on page 4 of the battery display thread, but of course as soon as i flashed xkapes zip with the red battery it would put the slider out of whack again, then i flash ur zip which would fix the slider but the red battery icon would be gone....lol.......but now even this knob understands what is going on here....finally....lol

I hope xkapes does not mind but I took his zip and fixed the jog_tab png's.

Flash this and you should have the red battery with the dialer fixed. I did not test it, so make sure you have a backup. Let me know if it worked...

UD_2.3_Frame_with_Red_Battery.zip

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Freakin-A man...thanks....downloading now....i see ya in a few min & let ya know...