UD 2.3.0 Droid1 - Galaxy S Styled Theme, fixed incoming call screen

dmzxls

Reaction score
I'm a longtime SPRecovery guy, but was willing to switch over to Clockwork just because I like this theme so much.

The only problem is, I'm not able to. ROM Manager says that I've successfully flashed to ClockworkMod 2.5.0.1, but every time I boot into recovery, it's still SPRecovery. Any ideas?

At the very bottom of the main screen in Rom Manager, there is an option that says "All ClockworkMod Recoveries." Try flashing an older version (Pre 2.5) and then flash 2.5.

This has worked for me in the past, though I can't say I was coming from SP.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm a longtime SPRecovery guy, but was willing to switch over to Clockwork just because I like this theme so much.

The only problem is, I'm not able to. ROM Manager says that I've successfully flashed to ClockworkMod 2.5.0.1, but every time I boot into recovery, it's still SPRecovery. Any ideas?

Why don't you just flash it with SP? I have that and have never had a problem flashing things meant for CW

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
eclsnowman

eclsnowman

Reaction score

This is from another guy on the forum here: "Reflash Clockwork until it loads quickly. I've had this problem and I've had to reflash Clockwork 4-5 times in a row before it loaded quickly. For my droid, I have to get the "Installation Successful" notice within 20-30 seconds for the installation to really have been successful."

McClure

Reaction score

Why don't you just flash it with SP? I have that and have never had a problem flashing things meant for CW

I've tried it, but the installation aborts in SP.

Also, I've flashed it multiple times in ROM Manager, and it hasn't taken too terribly long any of these times. It does it nearly instantaneous now, and still recovery boots to SP.

OP
eclsnowman

eclsnowman

Reaction score
I would try going into clockwork mod like another said and reflashing older versions, or even try reflashing sprecovery, then clockwork recovery. I had this issue once, and took me a long time to get out of it.

as a note, I have never had an issue flashing update.zips with either sprecovery or clockwork, but others have said it is a problem. I run clockwork because it stays updated without my input. I never use any of the CW gui stuff except the "backup rom" function because I can name it right then unlike from the command line.

McClure

Reaction score
I would try going into clockwork mod like another said and reflashing older versions, or even try reflashing sprecovery, then clockwork recovery. I had this issue once, and took me a long time to get out of it.

as a note, I have never had an issue flashing update.zips with either sprecovery or clockwork, but others have said it is a problem. I run clockwork because it stays updated without my input. I never use any of the CW gui stuff except the "backup rom" function because I can name it right then unlike from the command line.

The installation fails on all the older versions. I'll uninstall/reinstall ROM Manager itself and see if that works, I guess.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score

because it doesnt work with sprecovery...as stated in the op....

i load clockwork just for this theme then go back to sprecovery, rom mangler kinda scares me.

McClure

Reaction score
Alright. So, I uninstalled ROM Manager, reinstalled it, then flashed to Cockwork 2.0.2.4, which actually took. Theme then installed fine. Looks great. Thanks everyone.

OP
eclsnowman

eclsnowman

Reaction score
Never thought I would see so much dedication from one guy to flash my theme. Thanks.

This is just out there for anyone in the know. Do people know why the update.zips I create with Theme-Porter and Update.zip-modifier/creator don't work on SPRecovery?

Or can anyone confirm that they can be flashed the standard way with SPRecovery?

McClure

Reaction score
Never thought I would see so much dedication from one guy to flash my theme. Thanks.

While your theme is absolutely top-notch, at a certain point it became a matter of principle for me. I was not going to be defeated by ROM Manager.

Great work on the theme, by the way, and thanks for the help.

dmzxls

Reaction score

because it doesnt work with sprecovery...as stated in the op....

i load clockwork just for this theme then go back to sprecovery, rom mangler kinda scares me.

Why does it scare you out of curiosity?

neoj2

Reaction score
it scares me cuz last time i used clockwork going back an forth to sprecovery i got my recovery corrupted somehow and couldnt flash anything. even as we type the theme isnt installing right for me in clockwork. i hope someone can figure out how to get this to work for sprecovery.

dirtysanchez

Reaction score

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
This is one sick theme. Looks really nice. I like the new animations. The screen transitions are flying. Good Job Frosty aka snowman :icon_ banana:

sonnydroid

Reaction score
Was a bit hesitant to install but glad I did. One of the best, if not the best, theme I've installed so far. The fancy animations are sooo smooth. With the theme installed, phone seems to be even more responsive/faster. Thanks for your hard work. Job well done!