UD 10 on 2.1 :)

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by killxp, Jun 3, 2010.

1. killxp

killxp New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    somehow i got 2.1 to run ud 10 but can't get new era 1.45 to install properly, any ideas or is all this just weird?
  2. titans

titans Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think you have a misunderstanding of how ROMs work. You don't apply them and they work over your current base, they are built of a base themselves. So if you were running 2.0.1 rooted, and you decided to load up UD 10, UD 10 wouldn't be running off of 2.0.1, it would be running off 2.1, because that's what it's built on.
  3. killxp

killxp New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    no i understand how they work, i didn't downgrade to 2.01, im running 2.1 rooted just switched from jrummy v8. i know it wouldn't install manually or through rom manager i got it through a nandroid simple restore file some how
  4. hookerdj

hookerdj Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    jrummys are update.zips and i think ud10 was a nandroid if im not mistaken and new era is either nandroid or update.zip you just have to know what one you got?so im guessing since you know what you are doing what do you got or where did you get it from? also did you wipe data and cache jrummys are supposed to be run on clockwork and new era is supposed to be applied sprecovery? any of this making sense?

5. killxp

killxp New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    it all makes sense and i know its not supposed to be possible to have ud 10 on 2.1 but i do and idk how it worked but it did, now to just get new era installed