U.S. Galaxy S Variants ROOTED!

OP
Darkseider

Darkseider

Reaction score
So who here is still getting a Droid X after this news? If I had to make the choice right now I would wave bye bye to Moto and embrace my new Korean Android overlords.

Chrisace89

Reaction score
damn i have the original Motorola droid and i wast going to get the droid X cause i just felt like i only had this phone for 8 months i can wait a year.. plus the best phones come out before Christmas. And the droid X had that locked boot loader or something so i herd it would not be rooted. So i decided to pass on the X. What i love most about my droid is how big the developing community is. BUt now that i think about it... there will be a version of the samsung galaxy on every carrier that has great potential to have a huge community. Im reconsidering my options here.. what do yall think???

OP
Darkseider

Darkseider

Reaction score
I answered a similar question in another thread. If I had to make the choice between the Droid X and the Fascinate knowing that the Fascinate is to be rooted just like the rest of the Galaxy S phones I would go with the Fascinate. I truly think that Motorola really screwed up by locking the Droid X down and hopefully when they will release the Droid 2 and Droid Pro they will be just as open as the Droid. Otherwise Motorola, regardless of features and build quality, lost my money as well as many others.

Mojo

Reaction score
hmmmm... this has me thinking. What to do, what to do!?? It is so tempting to go with a device I know that can be rooted. But the HDMI out is a biggggg! Selling point for me.

dwagner88

Reaction score
Damn. This plus Super AMOLED means Samsung may have just found a new customer! As long as their build quality isn't too plasticky.

Chris-pee

Reaction score
Ohh, you know, 4 inch screen is still a damn good size. Custom roms ehh.......

Droidx what?