1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Typing the time of day in Swype

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by ehg2001, Oct 28, 2010.

1. ehg2001

ehg2001 New Member

Any tips on typing a time of day (e.g. 9:30) in Swype? I can't seem to get it to enter a number without some default add-on (like 76 = 76ers). And then I get a default space in between the 9: and the 30).
    Thanks!
  2. Diordna

Diordna New Member

Fastest way I do this is just hold down the keys for 2 seconds to pop up the short cuts. It's real effective.

Like whatever the shortcut for 9 is on one of the letters, hold down that letter then let go, do same with the : and other numbers.

EDIT:

Just hold down the letter v for 2 seconds and let go when 9 pops up, then hold down letter j and then hold down y and then hold down b

For example. It's the best way and fastest from not going anywhere else but the main keyboard.
  3. ehg2001

ehg2001 New Member

Very helpful, great idea thank you!!! FYI, I still get the default space after the colon (9: 30), but I imagine that's a function of having auto-spacing turned on, which I'm not willing to give up. So, I'm ok with having to live with it. ;)
  4. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

I don't use the suggestions... so I never run into this problem.
Search tags for this page
add swype to custom rom

entering time on swype

how to do time on swype

how to type time of day

swype colon time space
swype insert date time
swype time insert

typing the time of day

typing time of day