Typing Becomes Wireless

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
type.png
Having a hardware keyboard is not always possible for some of us, but thankfully we have hard working people here in the Android world to help. This new development is called Share keyboard and it's one of the first to allow Wi-Fi based keyboarding to your device. This application works by giving you a URL address for your computer and onces visited, you have that awesome wireless keyboard access.

This could come become very useful in many situations. I can think of a few situations when my Droid X's keyboard was not good enough for me to type a full email to someone, but thankfully I have a full keyboard solution now.

Does anyone find this useful? Can we see some download Soon?

News Via: AndroidCentral

Reaction score
If you're on the computer anyways...... why wouldn't you use it? Seems unpractical, but fun to show off :D

rehuxley

Reaction score
I would love to have an independent wireless keyboard for my droid while traveling. Don't need my computer keyboard to do it...I have the computer.

tktouch12

Reaction score
well, i actually think i might text with this if i'm on my computer doing homework or something. but it would be better if you could completely control your phone, so i didnt even have to touch it (just use my computer, thatd be awesome)

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I sit in front if a computer for 8 hours a day, and when I'm in front of some other computer and have to reply to am email, this could be handy. We'll see.

Shibbey

Reaction score
Better idea = app for a bluetooth keyboard! No computer needed at all.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Yeah this kinda seems really useless. If you have a keyboard in front of you, then you have a computer. Why use your phone when you're on your computer?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, there's actually a few great benefits of this down the road:

1) Rollable/foldable keyboards could be carried easily. Tech may not be here yet, but if you could roll a wireless keyboard up like a newspaper or fold one into the size of a thin wallet it would be pretty slick.

2) One step closer to the Droid replacing netbooks. HDMI out to a monitor and now wireless keyboard for inputs. Get a program to put a pointer on there that works with the mouse and BAM! you've got a pretty powerful mini computer.

3) Not sure how it works or how easy, but some companies firewall gmail and the like (or maybe you don't want to check/answer personal email). But you keep your Droid separate on 3G and if you get an email you can respond from your wireless computer.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My Mac uses a wireless bluetooth keyboard. Wouldn't it be nice if I could sync that to my D2? That will never happen of course, since Mr. Jobs makes sure that nothing bluetooth will sync with an Android device.

bertholemew

Reaction score
My Mac uses a wireless bluetooth keyboard. Wouldn't it be nice if I could sync that to my D2? That will never happen of course, since Mr. Jobs makes sure that nothing bluetooth will sync with an Android device.

??? I can sync my DINC to my PC via bluetooth.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

What's your confusion? I have a Mac, not a PC.;)

Technically if I wanted to I could switch my bluetooth features to the Windows VM that I run on my Mac, but I have too many other bluetooth devices for the Mac to do that.

bertholemew

Reaction score

What's your confusion? I have a Mac, not a PC.;)

Technically if I wanted to I could switch my bluetooth features to the Windows VM that I run on my Mac, but I have too many other bluetooth devices for the Mac to do that.

Duh. Sorry. Guess I'm still half asleep.